cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access webdynpro application from application name and application namespace.

supriya_karale
Explorer
0 Kudos

when I click on UI element(button) on iveiw in SAP Portal i get error  "Error while processing the item,it cannot be displayed" .I have very little idea about portal .I found out                                                                                                                                                                                               Application Name : Barcode_LabelsApp

Application Namespace : local/Start_BarcodeLabelsProcess

I searched the name in SE80 but was not able to find application.

Can you please tell were should I search for the application and what steps should be taken to resolve the error.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

supriya_karale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

It was a basis problem JDO connection was missing.

Regards,

Supriya

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then please mark your post as the correct answer so that the thread is properly closed and other SCN members can find the solution.

Regards,

Steffi.

supriya_karale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

Issue resolved .

Thanks ,

Supriya

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

please share how you solved it and close the thread accordingly, so that others can learn from it, when they have the same issue. See the blog .

Thank you!

Regards,

Steffi.

supriya_karale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

As suggested ,I have checked the logs and found the following error as shown in screenshot.

Can you tell what should I look in , to resolve error while obtaining JCO connection.

Thanks,

Supriya

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

I was looking for this only and now it needs to looked by your basis team. There is no need to look into from code or application side.

This issue is from JCO Destination side.

Thanks,

Hamendra

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

First go to protal content, and under this try to find our the iview and then you will get the WebDynpro name.

Go to SE80 and use the WebDynpro name here to execute this.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,

Hamendra

supriya_karale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Hamendra,

Application name & application namespace provided above are from the iview in which i am getting error .So can you please tell what should be done next. Portal was working fine before ,error started comming 2 days back.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

Can you please first specify the type of WebDynpro (Java or ABAP)?

Thanks,

Hamendra

supriya_karale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

Its Java webdynpro , I dont have Idea how to search a java webdynpro . Is their any other tcode for that?

Thanks,

Supriya

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

There is no TCode for Java WebDynpro. Please try to run this java WebDynpro application without portal so you will come to know that this problem is happening due to portal or in webdynpro itself.

If you find that application is behaving in the same way as in portal then you have to take the code and create the project in NWDS and do debugging to reach to the root cause.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Hamendra

supriya_karale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Hamendra ,

I have never run Java WebDynpro application before .I have googled out prerequisets for running java webdynpro but not getting what exactly is required .so can you please tell the essentials for running the application.

Thanks,

Supriya

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

As I mentioned in my previous post that you should talk to your basis guys about code repository. I hope you guys shall be using NWDI.

You have to take your code from DI and then create the project.

By the time you get the code, try to run this application directly (without portal) to understand exactly where is the problem.

First you confirm about your webdynpro code.

Thanks,

Hamendra

supriya_karale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Hamendra,

I have attached the screen shorts.application is working fine onQAS but gives error on PRD on button click .can you suggest where should I look into.

Regards,

Supriya

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

The best way to go further from this point is of checking log file. If you are on Netweaver 7.0 then go to Visual Admin and if above this then go to NWA and check the log. In log you will definitly get some expections or errors.

Please copy that log here as well.

Thanks,

Hamendra

supriya_karale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

Basis person have checked the log there are no related logs.

Thanks,

Supriya

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

Is basis Guy checked default.trc file in J2EE server? It can't happen that there is no error recorded in log file.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

Are you sure the above two screenshots (1 from QAS & 1 from PRD) are of the same application?

Because those two application names appear to be different.

Moreover, as Hamendra has suggested, try to look for the errors in the logs and traces.

You can also go for debugging option to understand the application flow and to crack down the issue.

If you've NWDI installed, you can also create a dummy activity and transport the working version of your development code from DEV to QAS.

BR,

Anurag