cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using IE 11 with SAP EP 7.01 SPS 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

our portal has the above written SPS but when I install the IE 11 on my PC I get only the information, that the iView don't supports my browser. So I haven't tho possibility to Log on or something else. What can be the reason?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gerrit, I guess SAP should update the PAM accordingly. I would have assumed its working well already on patch level 0, since PAM isnt mentioning explixit you need PL2.

cheers

TomXing
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

It's usually mentioned in the first or last few pages:

Generally SAP recommends the latest patch level for these browser releases, blah, blah.

Well, you know that.

BR, Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tom, will be a lecture for me to read references till the end I know SAP user are supposed to do actually, but as you probably already noticed we are lazy

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have upgraded from SP 15 PL 0 to PL 2. It works!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerrit,

Our EP doesn't work on a higher IE version too. My workaround is to open IE tools, click on Developer options, and select lower ie version in Browser Mode. EP page will refresh and the page displays properly.

-Mike

TomXing
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

It is also possible to set Compatibility View Settings, so that EP can be rendered in compatibility mode.

However this is not acceptable for all customers.

Imagine an external-facing internet EP. You cannot ask every user to launch developer tool or set compatibility view settings...

BR, Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike, this could help you as Tom already mentioned:

Tom Xing wrote:

However this is not acceptable for all customers.

Imagine an external-facing internet EP. You cannot ask every user to launch developer tool or set compatibility view settings...

imho, this is not acceptable for nobody due my own experiences, also not for internal portals or developers.

Btw, this discussion seems to be not longer up to date, since Gerrit is obviously not longer interested in a solution

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerrit,

IE 11 does not support most of the components.Its better to use IE 9 or IE 10.

I would suggest to uninstall the IE update from your system from control panel -> Windows Components update -> uninstall IE 11.

With the lower IE, Your EP will work.

-Amit Mahesh

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gerrit,

Please follow the below link and hope will make the things clear about EP versions support by browsers versions.

Thanks,

Hamendra

TomXing
Contributor
0 Kudos

note 1972506 should hit the point.

You can additionally check note 1458799 in case the mentioned "Browser Document Mode" is not set correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerrit,

I can suggest applying note 1972506.

christian_santej
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi gerrit,

check the sap note 1903267 : in the product availability matrix (pam) you will see that IE 11 needs an higher SP (SP029)

regards,

christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but where do I find this information? In the PAM I only find >= 14

christian_santej
Active Participant
0 Kudos

sorry, my mistake gerrit - you're right.

i was looking on the netweaver 7.0 pam not the EHP1 one. there it says "VISUAL COMPOSER BASE 7.01 [>= SP014]"

regards,

christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what solves my issue now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right, in fact must work:

Could you screenshot the error message please? You wrote you are also unable to access the log, means NWA? Im surprised by this regarding the error message you mentioned, since I thought NWA is not using PCD items. Did you pay attention to 1903267, maybe your IE is 64bit?

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does PAM say regarding IE 11 on your portal?

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

SPS14

Former Member
0 Kudos

as Christian mentioned, you are probably wrong... As far I remember you need to be higher when SPS 14....

cheers