cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe does not exist or your security profile does not allow you to access it (WIS 00000))

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,  I am facing this issue with a webi report.   Every time I try to access a report, I get this following error:

BI4.0 SP10

SUSE Linux.

Report type: Webi

The Universe does exist in the Enterprise Platform.    I have also made changes to the security profile in Universe to less restrictive.

and granted full access rights to the folder where the report is concerned and explicit grant Data Access for Universe IDT (in CMC) for the user.

Please suggest if I missed anything else .

Thank you, Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,  I faced this issue  , and  i solved it , just  you need  to  change  CUID of  the missed  universe  to handle the broken relationship .

steps :

1. connect to CMC to get  the current CUID of  target universe .
  2. connect to  BI4_CMS database  , through  interactive SQL tool or any other tool  .
  3. update data record in  CMS_InfoObjects  table  related to target universe with  the correct CUID as below

update  BI4_CMS.dba.CMS_InfoObjects7  set SI_CUID= [ the CUID display in error message  ]  where SI_CUID= [ The current CUID which you got from Step 1];

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

great find Mahmoud -

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mahmoud ,

I am facing the same issue - But only through Webi Rich client . I can acccess my universe connecting from Launch pad ..

is this your problem too ?

Please Clarify .

Thanks

Meera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meera ,

i face it with Webi Rich client and  also BI launch Pad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211423
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try Adding user to universe designer group too.

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal,  I just tried this and the issue remains the same.

0 Kudos

And what happens if you try with the built-in Administrator account?

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

its the same.

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

any suggestion please?

0 Kudos

If the built-in Administrator account cannot access this universe then it looks like it was deleted and replaced, thereby voiding the original CUID, which is mighty important.

Your solution: Restore the orginal universe (which has the correct CUID) from a backup.

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Interestingly, it has now turned out that this is only with webi rich client on a users machine.  On other machine it works fine with his own user id.

If the user tries with BI Launchpad, it works fine.   Strange

Any clue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

we have the same issue. unx universe works from BI Launch pad but not from Webi Rich Client. can you please share us the infor if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Kiran

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In our case it was the problem with the citrix profile as the same user could access to another colleagues rich client in citrix with the affected user id, without any issue.