Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment methods

former_member392418
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have a quick query regarding the maximum number of payment methods that can be defined in SAP as it is a single character. We have requirement of lot of payment methods with different house banks and bank keys.

Since we cannot use ranking order also as we might use any house bank account. And since payment method is a single character, we can have maximum of 26+9 but our requirement is of more than 35 payment methods. so, please help how to configure this.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jayj07
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sridevi,

If most of your payments are in cheques, you might want to explore the use of payment method supplement. You'll probably need to create a custom logic for this to be picked up to suit your requirement - but you can fit your number of payments with the use of PMS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jayj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridevi,

Could you please give the list of Payment methods which you want to use and for which country you are going use all these. Thanks.

Regards,

Inthiyaz

former_member392418
Participant
0 Kudos

we are using normal payment methods only cheque, neft, rtgs and DD for india.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the below link for some information.

Regards,

Inthiyaz

former_member392418
Participant
0 Kudos

We are using different bank cheques and all payment methods pertains to different banks with different IFSC code, account number and different gl code to be used.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Realistically, I never come across to create those many payment methods in a country.

Usually, any countries in the world would be sufficient with maximum 10. In some exceptional cases, it may be few more.

I am afraid, it may not be possible to create more than 26+9 in a country.

former_member392418
Participant
0 Kudos

We have to create those many because the bank keys and house banks are different. So, we cannot use same payment methods (so, for cheque, we have multiple payment methods) as we have issue in bank determination in ranking order.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would disagree with your statement. You do not need to create so many.

You can still maintain the ranking order for the same payment method with different house banks.

However, the system would always pick up the first ranking order, unless you specifically mentioned the same in the vendor master.

If you we multiply with house banks and account ID, then even 100 payment might not be sufficient. Therefore, please create limited payment methods, for example 1 for cheques (unless they are cheques from different banks), 2 for BACS, 3 CHAPS etc.

former_member392418
Participant
0 Kudos

We are using different bank cheques and all payment methods pertains to different banks with different IFSC code, account number and different gl code to be used.