Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settled Value greater than Actual Value

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Can we execute settlement to transfer the cost from WBS to Asset for amount greater than Actual cost in WBS.? If yes, How can we restrict this.

i.e WBS Actual Cost - 1000

Settlement rule - FXA     Asset no     1200     Full

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

it is not possible to settlement greater then actual cost in wbs.

and not need to restriction here it is statndard feature of sap. but in your case it is happening as you above said.

then please check by settlement table COBRA even by report CJIC where you can get all object of source to there cost is coming to reciever object.

Not sure if it will work like have to deactivate ammount option by settlement profile.

Regards,
Sanjeev

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

@Paulo - 1:1 practice is not adaptable in our scenario. Is their any way to add validation over here or any other workaround. pl suggest ?

@Sitaram - I did't understand your suggestion. Could you please rejoice it once again.

Thanks

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Do you mean 1:1 between AuC and Final Asset or between WBS and AuC?  1:1 between WBS and AuC is always "adaptable".  Try testing scenario with 1:many between AuC and FA.  Maybe you will not be able to settle more then AuC balance, but the testing is on your side...

Regards,

Paulo

caram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please check once the plan settlement in the settlement rule, if any thing is assigned there.Just a thought.

Thanks,

Sitaram

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

We are manually maintaining CWIP.

Can you please try to consider the option with 1:1 relationship between WBS and Asset ? - Here you are advising to create one wbs per asset so that  cost distribution from one wbs to many assets issue can be resolved & while settling % option can be utilized. ?

@Samar - I prefer custom validation as an last option. If something can be improved from configuration end. Pl suggest.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

1. I'd say the best practice is 1:1 relationship between WBS and AuC, specially when AuC are created automatically with IM profile it is the only option.  And therefore you can go for 100% process.

2. It is also nice to have 1:1 between AuC and Final Asset, but otherwise you can consider line item settlement from AuC to Final Assets.

Please see if your process allows to establish 1:1 relation.

Regards,

Paulo

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Sure Samar, Pl check the screenshots

Actual Cost was 117815 ( Ref SLR 58 Report ) , In Cj02 - Amount entered - 118927, Settlement executed successfully. CJi3 Report - Negative Balance 1112 ( - ) after settlement.

@paulo - If we go for % settlement, How can i distribute the amount to different assets correctly. I.e if i have 1000 rs in actual, I want to settle 250.50 rs in Asset A, 350.75 in Asset B & remaining in Asset C. How can i maintain the correct percentage in settlement rules. Pl suggest.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav.

I think you need to build a custom validation to check for the Actual Cost Posted on the WBS and restrict user from entering more than that in the settlement rule.

To build such a validation you would need to process data from these tables PRPS, COBRA/COBRB and RPSCO for the particular WBS for value type 4.

Give it a try and see how it goes..

Regadrs

Sammar

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Can you please try to consider the option with 1:1 relationship between WBS and Asset?

Also, can you please let me know if you settle directly to Asset or via AuC first?

Thanks,

Paulo

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please look into the value difference more.  Settlement cannot create value.  It only transfers the actual costs.

The difference might be from currency fluctuations.

I also see that you are using the same cost element for posting actuals and settlement.  Best practice is to use settlement cost elements to separate out settlement from "real" postings.  Are you sure the credit is from settlement and not from a journal entry?  Check the business transaction for the credit line.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can deactivate Amount settlement flag in the Settlement Profile.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Paulo,

Deactivating the amount settlement  check-box in Settlement Profile will only stop settling of actual cost incurred on a WBS using amounts, Correct me if I am wrong.

What Gaurav has is a scenario wherein the actual cost posted to WBS is $100 dollars and when his user is settling this cost in CJ88 he is able to settle $200..

Now he wants to stop this from happening.. I don't think this will work in such a case..

Gaurav,

Is it possible for you to share the screen shots for such a scenario, i would like to learn how it is happening.

Also if  you can share screen shots for CJI3 for WBS before settlement and after settlement values in AS03 for the same asset would be great.

Regards

Sammar

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sammar,

If you have Percentage option and 100% Validation you cannot settle more than actual cost.

Cheers,

Paulo

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

As per my understanding you can settle actual cost posted to a WBS to an Asset. I don't think you can settle more than what is actually on the WBS, though you can settle lesser amount.

Regards

Sammar

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samar,

User by mistake settled greater value, Although it was posted through CJ88, Not JV.

I have also created on test case successfully. We can settle greater or lesser value in receivers from WBS. Need your advise, how can i restrict user to repeat this again. ?

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Are you saying you had say 200 posted to WBS and when you did CJ88 you were able to settle 300??

Is my understanding correct here??

Regards

Sammar

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samar,

your understanding is correct.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

so from where did this 100 came up in CJ88 which was settled to the Asset?? I am lost here.. I haven't seen such a scenario.