Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Calculation View in Power Designer

katarzynachodubska
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am wondering if there is a way to model HANA Calculation View in Power Designer.

I noticed that Calculation Views aren't supported by PD. Is there a workaround to be able to model Calculation View in PD.

Thanks and Regards,

Katarzyna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

As calculation views are not necessarily based on SQL and have dependencies on other objects, they cannot be imported from the HANA repository or defined in PD for export to the HANA repository (as with attribute and analytic view based on SQL objects).

The best way I can think of is to model them with a multidimensional diagram/cube.  Perhaps stereotyped in an extension to define it better (I've been thinking about this for a while).

At least then you can create the necessary dependencies and relationships for impact analysis and documentation.

CHris

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

The first implementation of HANA Calculation Views in PowerDesiggner can be found in the Finance & Risk Analytics Rapid Deployment Solution. There SAP implemented an Extensions allowing to generate Calculation Views.

But I don't think we can simply reproduce this logic...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184969
Participant
0 Kudos

At least , it would make some sense that SAP quickly provide a way to modelise calc views, as it seems that the ToBe Modeling  Architecture principally rely on that kind of objects.

In the SPS09 Web Workbench, only the calculation views are managed (so far ?). It seems on the intention of SAP to slowly but surely kill the attribute & analytical views and replace them with respectively dimension and cube calculation views. (cf. SAP HANA SPS 09: New Developer Features; SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench, from Thomas Jung)

Then I am wondering if Powerdesigner is not just double doing the work of HANA Studio, there.

The Tools are complementary, as the modeling tool is definely missig the architecture & semantic layer, when Powedesigner is only poorly leveraging the code generation capabilities the we use daily via modeling in the Studio.

So I guess some merging - or plug-in, or add-on, whatever... Of those 2 eclipse based Tools would be more than welcome.