cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit button is greyed out while trying to approve the request via the link in the email notiifcation

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have enabled the option Approve by Email in the stage of teh MSMP path. Also maintained the variable %LINK_APPROVE_REJECT% in the Notifcation template

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krkasani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vinaya,

Sometimes system won't recognize the latest MSMP version, try to generate the new version by using t-code GRFNMW_GEN_VERSION.

Regards,

Eswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eswar,

Generating the MSMP version resolved the issue .

Thanks everyone for the various suggestions.

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinayalaxmi,

Generating MSMP might have resolved the issue cos most probably after selecting approve by email or maintaining some setting you might not have activated the MSMP version.

Since it is answered, you can change the status of the question to Answered unless you are looking for further information or explanation.

Regards,

Deepak M

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vinayalaxmi,

Hope you are doing well.

I was surprised to see this functionality called Approve in Email.This means approver does not require to lo gin to GRC system at all to approve this Request.Can you confirm that this functionality is available and working?

When I tried to implement same, I stopped because of SAP note 1622881.

SAP Note 1622881 says : "

Approve by Email means that the Approver will receive an email at the maintained Email ID, about the request pending for Approval in their inbox.

Further the Approver can take an action of Approving/Rejecting the request by logging into GRC system and then approve/reject the request from their Inbox.

The same holds applicable for "Reject by E-mail"."

Thanks

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mohan,

Thanks for asking.I am doing good .Hoping the same from you.

Yes, approve by email functionality is available and it works for us very well.We have implemented the same.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member225180
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayalaxmi,

can the user appprove the request via GRC Work Inbox.=

If not - check

-if the user has a role the role for the approval.(SAP GRC - GUI -> TA SU01)

Otherwise:

-if the user is marked as approver (SAP GRC UI ->Menue: Setting or Access Managment -> Function "Access Responsilbe". (Sorry if this path is not completely written right. If have no System available right now).

BR

Melanie

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if there is any missing authorization under-way.

Filip

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check if your stage settings has "Approve by Email" option checked. If possible please share your stage task settings to help you further.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thanks for the reply.

As I have mentioned earlier, we have checked Approve by email in stage task settings.

We have configured the settings for approving the access request via email link and its working as expected in Development  environment.  

Configured changes were moved to Production and we could see our changes were moved correctly into the Production. However, when business owner opens a request notification link from email, Approve\Submit button is showing grayed out mode. but business owner can approve the same request from their work inbox without any issues. This issue have been occurring in production system only.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayalaxmi,

I missed the details where you mentioned your below screenshot in your request description.

Anyways can you check in production if Logon information is maintained for the SICF service GRAC_OIF_REQUEST_APPROVAL - Access Request Approval Application.

As far as I know do not maintain user/password in SICF service GRAC_OIF_REQUEST_APPROVAL

Please check and let me know.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayalaxmi,

Please check below points which might create the issue.

1.Check the required authorization is provided to the Business owner in the production system as in Dev normally its a wide open access but  it is different in case of Production system.

2.Check if the service as mentioned by Madhu is activated.

3.Check if there is any parameter needs to be configured  for approving the request via email.I could not recollect exactly as I don't have the system in front of me.

Also is user is able to approve from NWBC but not from email then it should be mostly the above 2 issues.

Let us know if it works.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your replies.

SAP authorization are similar to DEV and also tried assigning the SAP_ALL to the approver...but no luck.Approve link GRAC_OIF_REQUEST_APPROVAL is active in system.We have tested this functionalty.However its showing submit button in grayed out mode

The approver can approve the request via GRC Work Inbox.

Regards,

Vinaya

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayalaxmi,

if approver can approve the request via GRC Work Inbox - authorization are not the case here.

This has to do something with checkbox "Approve by email" on stage settings level. Was you workflow at process level - activated after any changes were made in QA?

Runtime chg are not activated - which means any change will only be effective for new access request,

Let me know,

Rgds,

Filip

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayalaxmi,

Service GRAC_OIF_REQUEST_APPROVAL should be active.

But do you have any UserID and Password maintained under logon tab of this service? As far as I know do not maintain user/password in SICF service GRAC_OIF_REQUEST_APPROVAL

Regards,

Madhu.