cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document type in CV02N/CV03N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Is it possible to open a document without indicating document type in CV02N/CV03N?? I mean having that value by default according to the document number?

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Document Type is required in CV02N/03N/04N because in DMS most configuration are based on Doc type and in which number ranges are also defined in this doc type. You can provide same no range in more than one doc type.

Now if you have more than one document type in your system then same document number can be generated with different document type. But in same doc type, not possible.That is why system requires as mandatory to enter doc type.

I hope, you get your answer.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I'm Sorry, I wont agree your view, Though we can assign same number range for different document type but still the document number is unique then how system works in CV04N T code by just giving document number.

The feature of Automatic determination of document type using document number needs to be provided instead of current solution.We can recommend SAP to provide the same in next release or so.

Rgds,

Nayeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please give a try to create two DIRs with different document type and provide same document no to them? System will allow to create it.

Note: No range in both doc type must be similar.

That is why system ask to enter doc type in CV03N and In CV04n, if you dunno enter doc type but only doc no then it will result you the list of all document with same doc no and different doc type. So in CV04N doc type is not mandatory as it is a report not only individual doc display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shishir,

You are right, if two document types have the same external range, it is possible to indicate the same document number.

Regards.

Laura

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi laura,

I would appreciate your observation, If you think logically we are using document number which is unique in nature for all document but unfortunately as you mentioned when we try to login from T code CV02N/CV03N document type will be mandatory field.That is how the system design we can raise this to SAP solution team to answer this.

But the same will work in CV04N,If you like to give solution to your customer, You can ask them to use T code CV04N mean while.

Rgds,

Nayeem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Although the problem described in Note 1289314 is not total same as your requirement, the solution parts can be your reference. Hope it can help you.

Best regards

Ruby.