cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIP options ping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good evening!

Has anyone got the "SIP options ping" under gateway settings to work correctly (BCM 7 SP7)?

Here's what I think how this should work: I've got two gateways and a route which uses both of them in LRU order. For both of them I've set up the pinging with two retries and 10 second intervals. One of them stops responding to the ping (no 200 OK reply, which, based on the SC's help, is the only "good" reply), half a minute later the system stop using the "broken" gateway in that route.

This is what I expected to happen, reality is that the system still tries to send the call out over the "broken" gateway.

Am I doing something wron or has anyone else stumbled across this problem?

Best wishes,
Jaanus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaanus,

Long time and no final answer to this discussion. The case is that we have made improvements to SIP PING & SIP OPTION in SP9. Please see SP9 release note for more details.
A tip - you could search with SIP in the document, this way you don't need to read the full document.

Regards,
Jukka

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I quickly tested alternative routing based on lack of response to options ping and it did not work

the way I expected. I issued an internal ticket to clarify if this issue.

Regards,

Mikael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

do you have any news on the issue?

Best wishes,
Jaanus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaanus,

There is a high priority internal ticket but it has not been processed yet. I suggest that you

issue a customer ticket in which you describe your usecase and urgency if you want to boost

processing of this matter. If you do so, you may refer to me in it to get things linked together.

Regards,

Mikael

former_member187604
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaanus,

if this is not yet working for you, please check hotfix 7.0.7.10 / SAP Note 2081245.

BR
-Lasse-

former_member187604
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you also try adjusting Delay for Retries (see Managing Signaling), and resetting SIPBR & CD, just in case? Do you see anything relevant in the CD log (trace)?

-Lasse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiya,

the delay for retries was set to the minimum of 10 seconds. In addition I tried restarting the CEM and PSTN VUs containing relevant components.

I also verified that the gateway indeed stopped responding to the ping with Wireshark.

I'll try to produce better logs on INFO level, and post them here.

Best wishes,
Jaanus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Almost forgot the topic.

Anyhow, all I see in the CD log is repeating (CEM and SIPGW logs aren't any more helpful):

11:17:14.165 (02192/IpcWorker) INF> SipBridge> [Jaanus_TEST70_PSTN] CALL_STATE {7EC314C5D1D59344BA188C8A6732FF62}
11:17:14.165 (06124/evtThread) INF> Cem< [Jaanus_TEST70_Core] CALL_STATE {7EC314C5D1D59344BA188C8A6732FF62}