cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation area is not set to adopt values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The customer went live on 01.01.2014 but just now they found out that one of the depreciation areas (02) is not set up to adopt values from area 01.

The area 02 contains the migrated data correctly but no APC values for 2014.

I can set up the area to start adopting APC from area 01 from now on but how can I get it updated in retrospect?

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

Khalid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

caram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khalid,

Assuming config under Dereciation areas: Rules for value takeover is correct and Identical transfer of acquisition value is checked. Also re visit the config under "How Dereciation Areas post to General Ledger".

Please run ASKB/ASKBN and let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sitaram Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sitaram,

The area doesn't post so ASKBN is not relevant.

But, your remark about the correctness of the area's configuration helped a lot.

We manage two currencies in the system, while the APC and Terms (adopting from 01) section is set correctly, the currency type for area 02 was not and we can't change it because assets already have values in area 02 (from the migration). Best solution I have is:

1. Delete area 02 and transport it.

2. Re-create 02 again with reference to area 01.

3. Unblock area 02 from each asset class (it's created as blocked)

4. Transport it.

4. Run transaction AFBN - New Depreciation Area. It will update all the existing assets again with 02 this time 2014 values will also get adopted.

5. Execute AS92 via LSMW to repopulate area 02 relevant values in SRP (because they will be with area 01 values)

Again, your tip helped a lot.

Thanks

Khalid

caram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khalid,

Thank you for your feedback, I'm very glad to hear that I could help you.

If your question has been answered, kindly close this thread.

Regards,

Sitaram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khalid,

Since you have done any posting in the year, then you can do it. It automatically reflect it once you move it production.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I already changed the setting of the depreciation area to adopt the values from 01 but it still didn't get the values of 2014.

Regards

Khalid