cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer 11 Adobe Acrobat Reader Print issue.

charles_gagnon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a web site that display reports through the Crystal Report Viewer, when we click on the print button of the viewer, the Print Dialog of Adobe Acrobat is display and we can print the report. We have new users that are using IE11 and instead of having the Adobe Printe Dialog, the "Print To PDF" dialog is displayed forcing the user to export the report in PDF then do the print. I was able to replicate the issue with IE11 and Adobe Acrobat X & XI and with Crystal Reports for VS SP8 & SP12.

As of now the only workaround I have found to fix the issues is to add the following line in the Report Viewer page:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=10" />    

I thought that Crystal Reports for Visual Studio since SP8 was fully compatible with IE11? Is it normal that I need to add the compatible tag?

Thank you.

Charles.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

We have escalated this issue to R&D for a fix who have confirmed it is an issue, hopefully it will be in SP 13 due out in a month or so. No exact date yet.

FYI - Incident 408 / 2015 / PDF print mode in IE 11 not working

Don

former_member200290
Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't see your response here before I started my reply, got pulled in another direction before hit the add reply button!

charles_gagnon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Don,

Thank you for your answer, I will wait for the fix.

Charles.

0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

R&D confirmed it's an issue and it will be in SP 13.

Thanks again

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

I tested this on my side and I don't see any differences between IE 10 and IE 11. With the print options there are two, one basically exports to PDF, the other prints directly to the printer.

Are you speaking on the option to go directly to the printer without seeing PDF export at all? Is this 64 bit Internet Explorer and can you give a screen shot of help about so I can see the full version information?

Thanks,

Trevor