cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F110 payment run giving txt file rather than XML file for PMW

Former Member

Hi All,

Currently we are in ECC 6.0 and EHP 0. When i execute the payment run in F110 via DME system giving output in txt format where i have mentioned output file as XML in OBPM1 in payment medium docs.

Can any one help me is there any other config needed to get the output as XML.

Regards

VP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vallabh,

I hope you have configured your DMEE file as txt format in OBPM1 t code.

So please check this setting once and do the modfications accordingky then it will resolve your issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

I have done the same configuration and maintained as XML in OBPM1 as your screenshot. Still am getting output as text only.

Please advice.

Regards

VP

former_member183378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vallabh,

You can re- test the same and try to generate the DMEE file accordingly. For earlier runs you would not get the DMEE in xml file format as it is a new change.

Also please make ensure the other configuration settings correctly to generate the DMEE file accordingly.

Please check and revert us accoridngly.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

I have executed run now itself and the file is coming in text only still.

Please advice.

Regards

VP

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you are using BACS

You do not need XML for BACS.

Just use GB_BACS or copy it. It should suffice the requirement. All banks in UK would accept this file format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your input. But my client requirement is they want in XML output for RBS. Currently am using GB_BACS and even in config i maintained as XML but output is not coming in the expected output format.

Regards

VP

siwar_taleb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you on which release please?

DMEE XML is only available as of support package 47 for 46C as per note 684454.

Regards,

Siwar

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer SAP Note

1692217 - DMEE: GB_BACS: RTI Info for payroll in the DME file

Though this is for RTI information, you can follow the manual steps, download and upload the XML file in DMEE

I would suggest you test in your test system before overwriting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am into ECC 6.0

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please look for the patch level in the SAP Note. It must have been corrected.

Check your Enhancement Pack Level (EhP) and see the patch level.

Check in DMEE whether your GB_BACS properties "Tree Type" is coming up as XML tree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The tree type is XML in DMEE config. Even we have SEPA payments via XML. That output is coming correctly in xml. Meanwhile i tried to see the config changes between both. everything looks similar but output is not.

Regards

VP

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you sent your test file to the bank for validation?

Meanwhile, have you look into the attachments on the SAP Note. Have you uploaded the XML file GB_BACS.xml in DMEE. This note even applicable for 606

former_member183378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vallabh,

Please check this SAP note - 1104567 - PMW- Transfer XML File to file system once.

Also check did you assign variant in OBPM4 to your DMEE file once.

Please let us know if you still face any issues.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi S

abdul_jabbar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have requirement to generate automatic payment in ISO 20022 XML pain.001.001.03 CGI V3 format.

Can you share the steps to create file in above format.

Regards

AJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have dropped using the XML one and switched to BACS payment .

Thanks

VP

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you achieve to generate the XML file for RBS (BACS).

If you could update the thread, it could be useful to the members.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We were encountering issues with regards to empty tags in XML file, bank gave other option that they can process BACSTEL payment file also. we have achieved with some modifications to the standard GB_BACS DMEE.

Thanks

Vallabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We have completed the requirement for this ticket and got one issue i.e. alignemnt of tags.

Once we download the file in desktop it is not getting saved in correct layout, manaul workaround needed to make it in correct order.

Did we missed anything to make it correct alignment as shown above image?

Thanks

Vallabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Make sure that you have maintained length and type properly in report tree.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These files you should not download to the desktop, as they are payment files, it is a big risk and anybody can modify it.

You should have OBPM4 file path, where the files should get stored, these file paths needs to be mapped to FTP secured directory, which are to be accessed by authorized personnel only.

How are you downloading them? Is it through CG3Y?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

we have advised the same to client and now we are saving the file in AL11 directory and only few user who have access for CG3Y can download the particular files.

We have left out with only one issue i.e. file is not coming in the correct alignment, once the file ins downloaded from CG3Y we need to modify it to make it to the correct one

the above one is wrong format that needs to be modified and need the correct format as below.

I searched on the same and couldn't get anything to make it default to correct layout as shown above. One thing i heard from some threads is we need to maintain the code page in OBPM3. But there are many code pages available in drop down. I have tried with 4100, 4101, 4102 but didnt get any success on it.

Can you please advice to make it to the correct alignment as explained above.

Thanks

Vallabh

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vallabh,

These lives should not be allowed to download from CG3Y, as there could be multiple copies of these files and then there is a risk of being submitted multiple times.

Please can you try with code page 1100 for BACS.

Quick question: When you are downloading the file from CG3Y, which is the fransfer format for data you are using?

Binary (BIN) or ASCII (ASC): You should use Binary BIN), by using ASC the file gets disturbed like in your screen shot.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

i tried with code page 1100 also but the same thing getting repeated. Not getting correct layout.

When i am downloading from CG3Y i have always selected BIN only bit still the format is getting affected.

Thanks

Vallabh

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vallabh,

Not sure why they need to be downloaded form CG3Y.

These files should be stored in FTP directory. In OBPM4, please create the variant for GB_BACS, the files get stored in those folders.

SAP Basis should map the file path in AL11.

These files should be process the file directly from the FTP secured folders.

If we download the files manually, at times, they get disturbed.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

siwar_taleb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the Payment Medium Workbench (PMW), you can determine what type (File, IDoc, XML, etc.) you wish as output.

As indicated, this is seen in the customizing transaction OBPM1.

Check the below notes about this:

524520     PMW - Information on Payment Medium Workbench

395679     PMW: overview of available formats

For the information on XML, you may review the notes below which would be helpful:

532399  DMEE: XML upload/download with different releases

684454  DMEE: Creation of XML files with the DME Engine

727743  DMEE: Creation of XML files, allow level for technical nodes

309508  Transfer of payment advices in XML format

Hope the information provided help you,

regards,

Siwar

abdul_jabbar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siwar,

I have requirement to generate automatic payment in ISO 20022 XML pain.001.001.03 CGI V3 format.

Can you share the steps to create file in above format.

Please find below my thread;

Regards

AJ