Did you mean: 

Job Server Pointing to the old server

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

Could you please help me out:

Scenario:

We upgraded BODS DEV( 3.2 ) system to the newer version i.e. 4.2 and upgraded the repositories as well. Everything went fine with this upgrade.

Over here, the Job server is pointing to the DEV_XXX repository.

Now, We have Quality system and have installed the 4.2 version, but we haven't upgraded the repositories. So, instead of upgrading the repository we've imported the DEV_XXX(already upgraded) repository. For the Job server,we have configured the the job server for the new repo (DEV_XXX).

Even though we've configured the job server parameters for the Quality system, the job server is pointing to the DEV system. I don't know what is going wrong over here. Quick help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just to update,

We went through another approach.

We created new repository & Job Server in the Quality system, and imported the jobs from the DEV_XXX repository. Everything went fine without any error.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Please refer the details regarding the screenshots:

1. al_machine_info.png is the result of the query in which:

Sever name is QAS_Jobsrv01 pointing to machine DEVSRV03(which is right).

2. I also checked Default metadata reporting,here it is pointing to the old server i.e. QASSRV03,Could you please suggest how can i change this option to DEVSRV03?

I

Regards,

Santosh

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Please login with Development credential if you want user name as "DEVSRV03", Please refer the attached image for your reference.

Thanks,

Daya

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Daya,thanks for coming back.

As per your suggestion I tried the same but the problem stays.

Earlier we had faced the same issue in 3.2 & we resolved it using Dictionary->Manage Connections option. But, due to unavailability of(Dictionary menu) it in 4.2 we are left clueless, any hint on this.

Regards,

Santosh

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Please do the below steps to delete old Job Server entry from "local repository metadata".

Step I:  Stop SAP Business Objects Data Services application. (For e.g: Stop Job Server)

Step II: Login in Local repository metadata (Oracle,SQL Server, DB@ etc)

Step III: Type below query

SELECT MACHINE_NAME,PORT FROM AL_MACHINE_INFO

Check the status of Job Server Port.

Step IV: Now delete old Job Server Entry

Delete from AL_MACHINE_INFO where MACHINE_NAME =<Machine Name or IP Address>

Step V: Start the Job Server

Step VI: Login in SAP Business Objects Data Services Designer and execute Sample Job to test Job Server status.

Thanks,

Daya

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Daya for immediate reply.

I checked with the Step III but there are no old job server entries. It has existing job server entry configured for Quality system, still the job server is pointing to the old system(DEV). Can you suggest on this ?

Regards,

Santosh

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Can you please share the screenshot of AL_MACHINE_INFO table, SAP Business Objects Data Services Management Console Job Server screenshot & BODS Designer job server setting page screenshot for more debugging the issue.

because if entry is not available in metadata of local repository then the same thing will reflect at Data Services managment console & AL_MACHINE_INFO table.

Thanks,

Daya