cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Asset Super number field mandatory in Asset Master for particular company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

There has been this requirement from my client that they want to make "Asset Super Number" field mandatory for all assets only for particular company code.

as far as I understand, the screen layout changes at Asset class level will affect the Asset masters in all the company codes as those will be on client level.

Can anyone please help me as to how to restrict the field status group of Asset Master for one particular company code only.

Looking forward to hear ur views.

Regards,

Pradnya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Screen layout rules applicable at client level. Instead you can create a validation at asset master data level for the co.code.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Validation rule in OB28?? but those are at accounting document level.

Is there any T code to create validation rule for Asset Master? or any exit which I can use.

Regards,

Pradnya

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Asset accounting - Master data - Define validation.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradnya,

Try with t.code OAVC and validation rule at master data level.

Regards,

Diwa

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradnya,

Please check below link.i hope it helps you

Validation and Substitution - Asset Accounting (FI-AA) - SAP Library

Regards,

Diwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me the Asset Super Number and all the fields whether to keep as Supress, Display, Option or Required depends on the screen layout. Now the screen layout works on the screen layout rule assigned in the T-Code OAOA with Asset Class. Now that screen layout will work for that particular asset class and not for any individual company code. So either you can create new asset class and then new screen layout and then all the assets created in company code wherein the asset super number is mandatory should be created wi5th new asset class and others with old asset class. Else you can go for the Validation with combination of Asset Class and Company Code.

Regards,

Malhar.