cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client XXX is not available in this System - After DB refresh/Homogeneous Copy

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have taken a full backup and followed by that 2 days 2 differential backups using SQL Studio Manager (2008 R2), With this i have done a DB restore in another server started with Full backup in RESTORE WITH NONRECOVERY mode and next latest differential backup in RESTORE WITH RECOVERY by using SAPinst i have done a Homogeneous Copy (EHP4).

After the installation i have started SAP and while tried to login to our Business Client - 200 i received a error message by saying "Client 200 is not available in this System" only default Clients 000/001/066 were available,Logging in with 000 i checked in SCC4/T000 table there was no entry of 200 Client, but when i checked from SQL level through query i can see all the client/users/data everything exist. I'm really confused with this strange issue.

Kindly help me friends to resolve this issue or correct me if am wrong at any step.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you get your system working correctly, or are you still having this issue?

If you are, when you ran SAPINST on the target system, did you run with the option for "database copy completion"? If you did, there should have been a fairly long-running and obvious step in there where the tool moved objects from the source system schema to the target system schema.

Which version of SAPINST are you using, and where did you obtain it from? It makes a difference, whether you obtained it via the new 70SWPM tool, or if it's the old SAPINST.

Regards,

Matt

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1.  After restore the DB from source to target system,& before starting the system copy have you taken the source system export?

2. Your system copy completed without having any error ? could you check the sapinst.log on you local disk c:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\

BR

SS

0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

There were no issues in DB restore or in Homogeneous Copy.

I have taken the Source System Export. I just done the following things.

1. Full backup restore
  2. Latest Differential backup restore
  3. Homogeneous Copy using SAPinst

But the new thing i found while installation is

Database Schema

Database objects have been found in the database schema (dev in DEV) used for this installation.You must delete these objects, or use another database or SAP SID as entered in the previous dialogs.

But i haven't deleted it.   

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your info

Could you repair or move the schema using the SAP Note

1294762 - SCHEMA4SAP.VBS

BR

SS

0 Kudos

Thanks Sriram. Am performing the same.

Once i completed will keep it posted. Thanks once again.

0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Can you kindly let me know from what to what i need to Move my Schema?

DB SID is DEV and Schema is dev

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

On the SAP Notes you have attachment, extract those zip in your SAP system one of the temp folder.. first do the schema repair and then check the client 200. or move the schema to Dev, before starting this process better take the full backup of your MS Sql backup.

BR

SS