cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage of encrypted ports(sapdp00s, sapgw00s and sapms<SID>s) in sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can i know the working and advantages of encrypted ports? I have been searching for the solution to this but couldn't find anything relevant.. please help out..

Thanks & Regards

Danu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Please help me out finding solution for the working and advantages of encrypted ports? I have been searching for the solution to this but couldn't find anything relevant.. please do the need full..

Thanks & Regards

Danu

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Danu,

this is not a question of advantage or disadvantage of encrypted ports. It does not depend if you want to use these ports or not; as soon as you activate SNC on the server, the server will open and use encrypted ports automatically for the encrypted traffic. Why do you have this question? Where you have found the information about encrypted ports? sapdpNNs is not used anymore, it was used in the old releases until basis release 4.6C.

Regards,
Alwina

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Danu,

please have a look at the documentation:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4e515a43-0e01-0010-2da1-9bcc452c2...

which says, that there are no ports sapdpNNs and it suggests to check SNC user guide for further details.

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Thanks for the reply. i will check it out. If you find anything more relevant than this then please post..

Thanks & Regards

Danu

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Danu,

what exactly do you need to know about working of encrypted ports? You may have a look also at the gateway documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/ed/fb958dd978458e99168d43f408665e/frameset.htm

"

The following profile parameters are relevant for the gateway settings:

·  snc/enable

For a gateway to accept SNC-protected connections, you need to set the profile parameter snc/enable to the value 1. The gateway then knows that an SNC environment is in operation and takes the following precautions:

¡  In addition to the standard port (sapgw<nn>), it opens a secure port (sapgw<nn>s), where it accepts only connections that use SNC protection.

○  It starts programs only when SNC protection for the communication is used. You may explicitly allow the starting of programs without using SNC protection by setting the parameter snc/permit_insecure_start (see the description below)."

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Thanks for your reply, it was quiet useful.

Thanks & Regards

Danu