cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create new entity - structure/table which structure we need to specify for New Custom Entity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I'm new to MDG,I need to create  a New Entity for CIN View,that needs to be added in Vendor Application as per the requirement.

Inorder to include CIN view,the necessary fields for CIN needs to be created in Data Model by creating a separate entity for CIN.

I have got a PDF document for Creation of New Entity in this below link:

But in the document while creating a New Entity we need to provide the following:

• Storage /Use Type: 4 Changeable via Other Entity Type;Generated Database Tables
  • Active Area : MDG
  • Structure/Table: ?

As per my understanding,if the name of the structure if provided here then in Data Model Specific Structure,onclick of Generate Structure,the Attributes of the newly created entity should be generated in this structure.

Now my query is which structure need to be specified here?

Thanks,

Jyothi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks,Ya I'm following the same PDF Document for New Entity Creation.

Thanks,

Jyothi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

If you provide Active Area as 'MDG' that means you are creating Flex Entity but i guess as you are working on vendor, you will be creating Reuse Entity and not Flex one.

Just Create your 'Z' Reuse active are and 'Z' access class for your Active area and assign your 'Z' Active Area at time of Type 4 Entity creation, Don't enter any structure name here.

Once you create your entity, go to 'Generate Data Model Specific Structure' and enter for your newly added entity as per below screen shot.

In Place of 'BP_CUS_CC', give your entity name, In Place of '/MDGBPX/' give as 'ZXX', same PP_YourEntityName, ES_YourEntityName, FP_YourEntityName, KY_YourEntityName, In Last column give your package name. And it will create Structures(Staging Area) for your newly added 'Z' entity.

Regards,

Sudhir Wakodikar