Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory change after removal

former_member557371
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a situation here –

I am using the Floor stock receipt to receive the inventory (Component – Purchase) to ME inventory.

Received 100 Qty with single inventory ID (INV001)

After assembly is done, I remove the 1 Qty of the component using NC log function, and here I want to return the component to different inventory (not the inventory from where it was assembled)

Floor stock receipt >>> INV001 – Qty 100

After assembly Assembly >> INV001 – Qty 99

Component removed and Return to Inventory ** >> INV001 – qty 100 now

**but I want this to go to different inventory with an option to change the inventory ID during removal.

Please suggest?

Note - we dont have integration with SAP ECC, using ME stand alone

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, you can't change the ID of the component you remove, because that's its only ID. To change it would mean you are not really wanting to track inventory IDs.

You could return it to stock, then split a new ID off the original to represent this returned one. Perhaps it would be better to explain the business process you are trying to support?

former_member557371
Participant
0 Kudos

Business Requirement -  after removing the component from the SFC it should go to the different Inventory bucket (ID) which is only supposed to store the Return parts

so clear differentiation between Inventory with fresh parts and with the return parts (after removal).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then Return to Inventory and then split off a new ID (also allows you to reference a different storage location). Are the parts good or bad, or uncertain?

former_member557371
Participant
0 Kudos

Parts are good and will be reused.