cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel import won't add attributes to LDM entity identifier

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Excel import was fixed recently, to support the addition of index columns. I'm having a similar problem - in this case I can't attach attributes to a non-primary LDM entity identifier.

Here's a sample from my Excel sheet:

ParentNameAttributes
Parent1AKAn AK att
Grandchild112AKGrandchild112.This is an AK att

Both entities have an identifier called AK. In the attributes column, I'm using two different ways of naming the attribute I want to add; I've also tried adding quotes to the whole string, and to the attribute name.

When I run the above import, the result claims success, though nothing is actually updated:

Importing data from table Entity.Identifier.Attribute

2 object(s) updated

In the Excel Import definition, the Attributes column is mapped to the 'list of associated objects' called 'Attributes'.

As part of the same import, I'm also unable to change the relationship to Join via the AK instead of the primary identifier, and unable to edit the Join child attribute so it refers to another pre-existing attribute.

I think the problem with the Join could be solved if I could provide the name of the Join in the import, but the import doesn't recognise the name column if I provide it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member316796
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Any progress on this issue?

kind regards

former_member185317
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The entities and attributes exist already, correct? Or are you creating them in the same import?

Cheers,

-Matt C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Yes, the entities and attributes already exist.

Will it make a difference if all would be done in the same import?

I would think that referencing columns in the attributes are still needed.

kind regards,

Paul Duran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Same conclusions here.

I have been checking both LDM identifiers and PDM Indexes and Keys.

As you said one should be able import Index attributes as there is a column Index for Table.Index.Column table.

I expect there should be a column Identifier for Entity.Identifier.Attribute and a column "Key' for Table.Key.Column. Both are missing.

regards, Paul Duran

Using PowerDesigner 16.5 SP04 PL02

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

by the way, I'm using PD 16.5 SP04 PL01