cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parallel deletion

0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to delete data in parallel in the InfoProvider. That is a large number of users can start removing at the same time (real time).

Previously, we used the process "Delete Overlapping Requests from InfoCube", but  in such a situation locked whole infoprovider and the BW administration tables as well (like RSBKREQUEST, RSSTATMAN*). Therefore, the parallel execution process of removal periodically produces an error blocking InfoProvider.

I also tried to delete data function module 'RSDRD_SEL_DELETION', but again locked whole infoprovider, that just does not allow parallel to delete data.

Maybe someone knows whether it is possible to SAP BW 7.xx parallel to delete data from info-providers ??

Best regards,

Kuznetsov Pavel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion parallel deletion by different users using different (or partly the same) selections can potentially lead to inconsistencies. That's why the system won't let you do it by setting lock entries (enqueue/dequeue mechanism).

It's hard for me to think of the business scenario behind it but could Integrated Planning (and a Real-time InfoCube) be a solution direction?

Best regards,

Sander

0 Kudos

Need to load data into the InfoCube in parallel by different users. Theoretically, if you configure a delta load in InfoCube via an intermediate DSO? Will it be possible to activate the data in DSO parallel?

If you choose to remove data with help 0RECORDMODE, possibly in parallel mode to delete data? ie deleting records marked for deletion will block the InfoCube before deleting it?

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your above idea of an intermediate DSO might be worthwhile investigating further. The key of such an approach is an indirect deletion of data by using 0RECORDMODE 'D' (delete) together with the key fields. This way you will add data to the New Data table of the DSO. You can activate more than 1 request in one go. This will lead to a delta load to the InfoCube. I suggest to try out if this approach work in your scenario.

Best regards,

Sander

0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to remove data from the cube on the filter, with which the user starts the DTP. Filter for each user different.

Using RSDRD_SEL_DELETION not lead to success. In the parallel launches two users is only performed the first launch of removal, subsequent runs with an error lock.

I think trying to change the architecture. Use the delta through the DSO.

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure why you would have a lock if the DTP jobs submitted by users are queued in batch?

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting problem.  I would think to use RSDRD_SEL_DELETION as you note, but find an ABAP way to QUE these request deletion jobs in batch serial fashion.

Good Luck and let us know what you do end up doing...

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i know we can't delete data from targets by multiple users at a time.

it gives lock error issue.

How much data you want delete?

want delete whole data from cube?

if yes then with single option we can delete it by using SE14- here we need to provide F/E table names in case of cube.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Maybe  someone knows whether there is a note for SAP_BW = 7.XX for similar note №595319??