Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit policy for users start with XXX01*

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to make a audit policy in SAP HANA for all actions for users whose name starts with XXX01* . In SAP HANA audit policy I have to check each user manually. So I am thinking to create a query for this audit policy. But thinking how the query should be for all users starting with XXX01*. I made some query like below:-

CREATE AUDIT POLICY "test1" AUDITING ALL ACTIONS FOR XXX01* LEVEL INFO

CREATE AUDIT POLICY "test1" AUDITING ALL ACTIONS FOR XXX01% LEVEL INFO

Let me know which is correct query for my audit policy. Any hint .

Regards,

Jituda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no option to specify wildcards for neither users or objects to be audited.

You will have to either catch all users or adapt the audit policy for every new user fitting your requirement.

Since gathering audit information and reporting on them are two very distinct activities, I say that just doing a general auditing and filter later would be a efficient strategy.

- Lars

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lars.

So tell me is there any restriction on

-> No. of users

-> No. of Tables & schemas

in the audit policy or we can use n number of users and tables into it.

Regards,

Jituda

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not any that I am aware of.

My understanding of the matter is: the simpler the set of rules that need to be followed (e.g. audit everything for everything vs. specify 1000 users + actions for 10000 objects) the easier/faster it will be for the audit engine to decide when and what to write to the audit trail.

- Lars

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lars. Much appreciate.

Regarding the type of audit policy it might be in three forms

- syslog

- cstable

- csvfile

for syslog , where the files exactly located. is it in /var/log in OS or anything else.

If I want to make audit policy in database table "XXXX" how is the query look like. is it                       ALTER SYSTEM ALTER CONFIGURATION ('global.ini','SYSTEM') set ('auditing configuration') = 'CSTABLE, "XXXX" ' with reconfigure

Correct me if wrong.

Regards,

Jituda

Answers (0)