cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicube with two infocubes, bex query problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Recently I had a problem where I needed a keyfigure from another infoprovider, so I asked our employee that handles all the infoproviders if he could do this.

He than put another infoprovider in the multicube that holds the KFG. But when I now create the report some data won't show.

One infoprovider holds the kwalifications of employees and the other holds the headcount.

Now when I use the headcount the kwalifications go to unassigned because it uses the infoprovider of the headcount KFG and if I remove the headcount the kwalifcations show up again.

So is there a way to tell to specify which infoprovider to use for what?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

swati_gawade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

As per my understanding you have a cube(lets call this Cube1)  with qualifications as characteristics and other holds headcount as key figure(lets call this cube2) in a multiprovider that you are using to report.

as cube 2 does not have the characteristucs qualification when you drill down on it the values shown are # as they are not contained in Cube2.

Do you absolutely need to drill down on qualification?

if yes then, best solution, as per my understanding, would be to add the key figure to Cube 1 or add the qualification char. to Cube 2.

-Swati.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that is basically the problem. The query I need to make is the number of employees with a certain qualification within a division. Which is than used for a graph.

But the cube with the qualification didn't hold a key figure for number of employees. I'm not in charge of creating or modifying the infoproviders. This is done by an outside company so I have not enough knowlegde of this.

How easy is it to add a key figure from one cube to another? Because I guess there is a reason he did it this way?

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

the question usually is what detail will be provided with which key figure.

It does not matter whether the KF are in one cube or in two.

If the data record for KF1 contains only char1

and the data record for KF2 contains char 2

then you will have problems getting value KF2 for char1.

So in your case you need to think, or give here more information, which char are filled for both key figures, which are filled only for one of the key figures and what do you want to see in your report.

possible solutions could be either using constant selections in the report for the char that is mmissing for one KF, or using a prequery.

regards

Cornelia

swati_gawade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Can you please check if there was any specific reason why the headcount key figure was not added to the original cube?

try to understand if there are any business limitation for same.

Also, check if there is any conmplex logic required to get the headcount key figure in the other cube.

check if same logic can be replicated for original cube.

There is no technical limitation to add the KF to the original cube.

One would only have to add the particular KF in the cube and the multiprovider and then map the KF for calculation logic in the transformation.

after that ou will be able to see the data against the required characteristics.

As per you requirement, I recommend to add the headcount KF in orignal cube and write to logic to get in the transformation.

- Swati.