Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Transporting table entries with client (MANDT) field.

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I want to transport table entries from table SXMSINTERFACE. It has MANDT (client) as one of the key fields.

I have manually created an entry in my transport request.

R3TR  TABU  Table  keys: Client = 250 and Object_key = XYZ.

My QA system has different client than dev. QA is 300. Dev is 250.

When I migrate this request will the table entries automatically maintained/updated with client 300 in QA?

Please help.

Thanks

Gopal

3 REPLIES 3

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal ,

After moving the request from dev to qas automatically system will take care of the client field.

@ and you are not maintained while uploading or creating entries for that table in development is it correct , system only by default it takes the current client. so by default system will take care in QAS also.

Regards,

Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

SXMSINTERFACE is a system table and not a custom one. Entries are automatically maintain in this via tcode SXMB_ADM. In this tcode screen I just enter sender id and interface name and when I save it gets stored in the table. Will this case any problem in QA?

I have another table which is custom one. I am transporting that also.

In DEV, I maintain the entries into this table via SE16. Here it does not ask for MANDT value while inserting new entries. But the table has MANDT as key field.

I hope that won't be a problem in QA.

0 Kudos

Hi gopal,

It won't be a problem , why because system itself is inserting the data into those tables so system will add sy-mandt(default client) .

Regards,

Krishna