cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Reports - Questions and Best Practices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning all,

I'd really appreciate some advice and assistance on some basic questions and best practices when scheduling reports in Business Objects.

Our current self-service model has allowed numerous reports to be scheduled and this is starting to cause problems (to an admin site and the system iteself) and we're now trying our best to get the situation under control.

Recently we've implemented the following:

1) Active monitoring of scheduled reports using the CMC

2) Introduction of a user guide covering all aspects of scheduling

3) Instance limits of up to 8 on each of the top level folders

Does anyone have any good ideas of other useful best practices that could help us gain control of scheduling?

Along the same lines as scheduling, I have a few random questions that I'd like to ask. 

1) When scheduling a report our current default is have an end date that is set 10 years into the future. Is it possible to change this default at all? It would make things a lot easier if this could be changed to a year into the future instead.

2) We've started using the activity universe to help monitor the numbers of instances that we have running and how long they take to run, however this has caused a lot of confusion when using the CMC. For one report the activity universe states that it could up to 15 minutes to run, but the CMC is reporting that it only took a matter of seconds. I've tried to do some research online with no luck and I'm not sure if the two sources of data are showing the same thing or actually something completely different. If anyone has any advice or information I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can chnage the end date while scheduling the report. if the report is already scheduled, you can reschedule the report with new end date.

What ever you see in the CMC and Audit universe should macth. It should not eb any diffrerences.

Best Practices:

Schedule the long running reports in off peak hours.

Set the limits on the number of instances depending on your business requirements

Setup custom calendar if deafults does not meet your requirements. So you can apply the custom calendar for the required reports