cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added new Costing Depreciation Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

My requirement is adding new depreciation area for existing assets with depreciation area 20 ,and depreciation should calculate for all years (closed FY also-means from acquisition date).

i have done all customization settings and run AFBN

i have done with 2 scenarios

1) 1st i have activated for class-A and when i ran AFBN with Leave values Initial with out tick mark

2) 2nd activated for class-B and ran AFBN with Leave values initial  with tick mark

Now the thing is class-A copied values from Depreciation area 01 to 20  with acquisition,Depreciation from starting onward.

Class-B not copied values to 20 depreciation area ,now it is showing zeros ,find the screens.

for my scenario Class- B is ok because depreciation keys are different for 01 and 20  copying the old values from 01 is no use and we cannot validate.

but why system not copied Acquisition values to Class-B scenario ?is there any thing needs to do?

Can some one advice please

Thanks In Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama Rao,

If you set the "Leave Values initial" check box then the values will not transfer to new depreciation area. Due to this the asset class -B for the dep.area with out have any values.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if i take Class -A its copying depreciation values from Area-01 which is not correct because those values are calculated on the basis of WDV method and the new area i want it to be calculate on Usefull life . how can i achieve this?

and more over  Class-B if it does not copy anything what is the use of this function .

i just tested with Class-B  acquisition posting ,for the latest posting added depreciation area is working.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama Rao,

If you want to change the depreciation method for the class - B then you have to create a substitution to change it.

This options will be used when you do not update any values for the depreciation area.

Regards,

Mukthar