Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effective filters ~ Filter by Measure

bverweijen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

Is there a way to somehow display what filters by measure are applied on a sheet?

Just by looking at the report, or the analysis pane, you don't see it.

It would be nice if this could be made visible through the Effective Filters Info Field.

Would this be possible?

Thanks

Bart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Please use SAPListOfMeasureFilters which list all Filter by measure conditions

=SAPListOfMeasureFilters("DS_1","ALL")

Have a look at Help documentation for more info

Regards,

Subhash

bverweijen
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Subhash, this works indeed in my workbook as well. Still, from an end user point of view, it would be good if it could be underneath that Info Field.

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel that would be something in idea place 🙂

Subhash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BArt,

yes, this is possible. I'd suggest you use the API functions.

SAPListOfVariables  and SAPListOfEffectiveFilters

Those  API calls via VBA see below ( example for first variable object, datasource alias could be 'DS_1')

dataSourceVariables = Application.Run("SAPListOfVariables", dataSourceAlias)

can give you an array of all values in variables , same for filter.

In my standard workbooks, I use such functions to display ( analog to old BEx workbooks either a hidden row area / hidden sheet) where by VBA I populate such values like  Filter 0MATERIAL = 4711

etc.

When distributing that excel to users that information is still readable

Joerg

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is on the Information Pane - see

bverweijen
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Tammy - yes I'm sorry i should have mentioned; i am aware it is on the information pane, but if we would send a workbook to a person that doesn't have analysis office, he would not know this filter was applied. That's why I really like the Effective Filters Info Field, but it would be good if this could also show the Measure Filters.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bart -

When I filter by measure, it shows up in the Effective Filters and the Information Pane too:

Business PartnerTotal Between 1 and 22
ComponentMM; FI
Created On01/01/2013 - 09/30/2013; 01/01/2014 - 09/30/201

Have you tried that?

bverweijen
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Tammy - yes I tried this a couple of times and it doesn't show up in the 'Effective Filters' information. Only in the information pane. I am on version 1.4.8.3163. Not sure if an upgrade would help?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am on 1.4.10 - maybe you could try that and see if that helps?

bverweijen
Participant
0 Kudos

I just upgraded to SP10 but it didn't help. The weird thing is that one of my other users, who is still on SP08, did say it worked for her.

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Where did you created your "Filter By Measure" ? on Dimension or on Measures ?

If it is on  Dimension(right click on Dimension member and use Filter By Member) then if you use Effective Filters it shows the information

If it is on  Measure(right click on Measure and use Filter By Member) then if you use Effective Filters it does not shows the information

Subhash

bverweijen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash - this is indeed the case!

Do you know the reasoning behind this behaviour? As the information is available through the SAPListOfMeasureFilters function, I'm not fully understanding.

Thanks

Bart