cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Event on updation of customer master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to trigger an event after customer master data is replicated in CRM from ECC.

Customer  master data is created/changed in ECC and there is no auth for users to change it in CRM.

Whenever customer master data is created/updated, an event should be triggered.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I don't get your requirement,  what do you want to accomplish with the event? check if the user has authorization to create a BP?

Cheers!

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grau

Requirement is to sync customer master b/w SAP CRM & Salesforce.

We are using ECC for master data maintenance and replicating it to CRM.

Therefore, I want to call webservice from CRM on replication of master data from ECC.

What will the triggering point of webservice in this case?

Or is there any other way to achieve the solution?

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's a better way, I belive, you can configure the XIF interface to replicate an IDOC or a XML to a external system. you create a new site which points to the external system PI or salesforce (if it can handle IDocs or XML) and each customer which is created in CRM will be automatically replicated to the external system, I hope you get my point

If I convinced you with this approach, you have lots of xif discussions/Blogs/documents in scn, you shouldn't have a problem with that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

I found the solution I was looking for in another blog though.

It  swe2 we need to define 2 new events for object type BUS1006 event use CREATED and CHANGED with Z function modules.

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMHO the XIF approach is a better option than enhancing the BO because  by definition should require less coding and you have also standard tools to monitor the data exchange, but anyway thanks for sharing your workaround