cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes getting reverted back in ESS in Content Administration after personalization is done in preview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

When I preview the bank information iview in ESS in content administration

I press cntrl+right click on the iview and the personalization dropdown appears

In payment method the invisible option is set to yes.

I click on not personalized to make the payment option visible(It is set to invisible before).

After i save the changes the payment method becomes visible in preview.

Then i close the preview and access the portal through an end user. There the payment method is invisible

So, I check  the Bank Payment preview again in content Administration and there also the payment method is not visible

So, I again press cntrl+right click and the payment method has reverted back to invisible.

This only happens for germany and no other country

Please Help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav, Personalization is dependent on the language settings too. So in Portal go to user admin and change the language for your id to EN_DE and do the personalization. And the end user you are testing with make sure his language is set to EN_DE. Or Go to the end user and make the changes to language to match the setting you have. It will fix the issue. Hope this helps. Cheers- Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod

Thanks for the quick reply.

So I changed the language to german and made the changes in content administration.

I previewed the iview and cntrl +right clicked and made the payment method's invisible property to not personalized.clicked on save.

The payment method became visible in the iview.I closed the iview.

After closing the iview when I previewed  the bank information iview again the changes i made had reverted back.

And the payment method's invisible property became yes instead of not personalized(the change that i had made).

Please help.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

Instead of previewing from Portal Content, I would suggest to open the Role where the iView is added and do the personalization from there.

Confirm if you are using Web Dynpro Java Applications and not Web Dynpro ABAP applications.

1. Open the Role

2. Navigate to the iview you want to personalize

3. Open the iview and preview

4. Ctrl + Right Click to do the personalization.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pramod

I am using a webdynpro java application and the changes i am doing is in the iview under the role.to which it is added.

But the changes get reverted back everytime.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone please help.

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

Still the correct (and only) way of personalizing iViews is in end user view and not preview.

Get to the iView through the navigation , then click on the tray menu and select personalize.

BR,

Tal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tal

Thanks for the quick reply.

If I make the changes in an end user than won't it only be visible to that particular end user.Rest of the user won't see the changes.

And I tried to do so for an end user using personalize, but the changes get reverted back.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can please anyone help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Anyone using ESS bank Detail do you have bank payment method option available for germany?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone please help.

Thanks in advance

Abhinav