cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Payroll Overpayment Recovery

ImranSajid
Contributor

Hi All,

I just wanted to reach out and get some comments and feedback on the Overpayment Recovery functionality that was originally released by SAP in EHP4 for claims within Payroll. I have worked extensively in SAP Payroll and claims have always been one of the biggest challenges (If not THE biggest challenge) for many of the clients I have worked on. I did previously do a proof of concept for one of my clients on this functionality to look into implementing it, and the reality was that it just did not work very well and we had many standard SAP issues with it. Other consultants that I have spoken to faced many issues with this functionality, and I just have not seen that many clients ultimately go-live with this functionality.

I really did like the idea of a new process for claims in SAP Payroll, so this is something that I have always hoped that SAP would fix and getting working properly.

In searching for OSS notes in the functionality (20+ Notes in 2014 alone), it is clear that SAP is still working on fixing the functionality which is certainly positive.

Can anyone share any experiences with implementing this functionality? If so, are you satisfied with the solution? What are some of your other thoughts and considerations on the functionality? Have some of the recent notes/support packs fixed issues that you were originally facing?

Thanks,

Imran

jimhunt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

6 years later, I'm curious if you can share any changes/improvement since 2014 post.

I know in 2019 a major outsourcer (BPO) relied on the basic functionality and it worked great overall. Only issues were cross-year handling and related customizing.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Overpayment Recovery is not a complete product, it's got a lot of issues and almost every time we upgrade HRSP's something breaks in it.

Sometimes the IT0909's are not created, sometimes they go out of whack with what's on cluster tables. Also, it doesn't allow 221 adjustments for it's wage types and everything is controlled by IT0909.

SAP development has been actively working on OPR's and have provided fixes for many issues with sap notes. And so far it's started to work the way it's supposed to. However, compared to the old claim process it's still a pain to work with.

ImranSajid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kary,

I really appreciate the response and feedback. Your comments are in line with what other have told me as well, so my stance to any of my clients that ask about this will still remain to not implement this functionality at the moment. It is positive that SAP is still working on the functionality and getting all the kinks worked out and hopefully it will be a more completely product in the near future.

Once again, thank you for your reply to this message and giving additional insight.

Thanks,

Imran