Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save App Launcher-Static tile properties in Fiori

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using Fiori as embedded deployment option. Our SAP Business Suite system is NW 7.40 (EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0) which has gateway component in-built. Gateway component version is SAP_GWFND 740 0008 (SAPK-74008INSAPGWFND) and UI component version is

SAP_UI 740 0010 (SAPK-74010INSAPUI).

I have activated the SICF node for the arsrvc_upb_admn service and am accessing the Launchpad Designer using the URL

http://<host>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_upb_admn/main.html

I am creating a new Catalog and within the catalog looking to add a new tile of type App Launcher - Static. After creating the tile I click on it to set its properties. I give it a Name and uncheck the checkbox Use semantic object navigation and enter the URL of the custom UI5 app deployed on this server (as a BSP application using the ABAP Team Provider) in the Target URL property.

I then click the Save button and click Yes in the Confirmation dialog that appears. But on clicking Yes the changes do not get saved, the fields Semantic Object and Action get highlighted in red color as shown below (inspite of these fields being disabled as I unchecked the checkbox Use semantic object navigation). I neither see any errors in the browser console (Google Chrome), nor any errors in the Gateway server at /IWFND/ERROR_LOG.

I am not sure if we are missing installation/configuration of some component due to which this may be happening. Can anyone please advice as to what may be causing this to happen? As I have my custom app ready but unable to release to users as I am unable to create the tile for this.

Regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Please check the notes for SP10.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Masa. I will check the notes which are mentioned in the link you have provided.

Also I found that the SAPUI5 version on our server is 1.24.2, I guess we will have to upgrade the version to 1.24.5 as mentioned in your link.

Regards,

Saurabh

0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Have You got the solution for this error.

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After implementing the relevant notes mentioned in the link shared by Masa the issue was resolved.

Answers (0)