cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase IQ 15 to 16 Upgrade Error - slib/s_packedRec.cxx 1313

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, We are attempting to upgrade our Sybase IQ database from 15 to 16. We have two simple queries that insert records into global temp tables and then a 3rd Insert that join the 2 temp tables and inserts into another global temp table. This query works on 15 but fails with following error on 16. Has anyone else seen this?

IQ Internal error. Please report this to SAP IQ support. -- (slib/s_packedRec.cxx 1313)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jong-kil_park
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

I'm writing this provided that you haven't still resolved this error.

I've recently seen this error and found a very similary CR with this problem.

Unfortunately, the related KBA is not still released to customers.

Why don't you apply some possible workarounds below to the query you faced this error ?

1. set temporary option Revert_to_V15_Optimizer='on'

or

2. Disable for varchar and varbinary the use of maximum width ever inserted,  rather than the declared maximum width

set temporary option dml_options14=8 ;

Disable the fast-in memory variant of the hash table

set temporary option core_options14=256 ;

Let us know the result after you run your query with above possible workarounds.

Even though the related CR was already fixed in the previous PL, but it's worth while trying them, though.

Best Regards

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jerry,

That worked!  Thank you so much!

Dan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

If you version of IQ 16 is lower than SP08 PL 20 then most likely this is due to CR 766989. If you are using IQ 16 SP08 PL20, then please open an incident with SAP support and we will look into this.

Regards

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using:

Sybase IQ 16.0 SP08.20 Server for Linux x64

0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Please open a support incident with SAP. We do need to check complete stack and more details on what could be cause of this error, since you are on most recent version of IQ and the CR I mentioned earlier is fixed in that version.

Regards

Shashi

0 Kudos

What is the exact version of IQ 16? Make sure you are using IQ 16 SP08 PL20

Regards

Shashi