cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Proxy Messages for Event Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear EM Experts,

I am new to EM area would like to know what are standard SAP PI proxy messages that can be used in SAP event management.

In between IDoc or XML messages which is better approach to build interface for track and trace of events between SAP TM and Shipping line systems.

Which approach gives better way of handling events for Track & Trace and Notification for events.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Md.Rafi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

You can use standard RFC from SAP PI to SAP Event Management, but can you tell us how the message integration happens from Non-SAP System or SAP to SAP PI system.  So that we can guide you in right path. 

/SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_POST

/SAPTRX/BAPI_EHADDEVENTMSG_02

/SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_GET_DATA

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi,

Thanks for the reply.

It is me to decide to go with Proxy or IDoc for receiving data from legacy system.

Legacy system can send data in web services / IDoc. SAP had provided both (Proxy and IDoc) options for building interface with SAP EM. Between these 2 which will be better and easier for handling events and notifications for these events.

Regards,

Md.Rafi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

The prefer method would be IDOC due to error handling capabilities if you ask between these two IDOC and Proxy. 

Proxy Implementation - Enterprise Services for SAP Event Management (SAP EM) - SAP Library

BTW, Why don't you use RFC/BAPI instead of IDOC to connect PI -> SAP EM?

SAP Exchange Infrastructure Integration - SAP Event Management (SAP EM) - SAP Library

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

One more I would like to add between ABAP Proxy or IDOC.  If you don't care error handling then ABAP proxy is better on performance and client sending large amount of data.  If not, then go with IDOC.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gopi & Steffan,

For all your feedback & suggestions.

We need to consider error handling so will follow your suggestion and start building interface between systems using IDoc approach.

Thanks once again for all your help.

Regards,

Md.Rafi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafi,

most projects i know use IDocs:

Interfaces in SAP Event Management (SAP EM) - SAP Event Management (SAP EM) - SAP Library

There should be also a RFC Adapter in PI available for the Event Message BAPI.

Best regards,

Steffen