cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XI Print Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a web app that uses Crystal Reports to render documents.  I also have users that need to print these reports and as such, the printconrol.cab needs to be downloaded and installed.  I have a new set of computers that will be used for this and these users do not have admin rights so the control is not installed.  I need to push this with admin credentials, but everything I have tried to get the control to install manually has failed.  Is there a distributable package that can be used for this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a number of KBAs on this (search term; crystal print control cab. Search box in top right corner...). I am not sure what versin of CR you are actually using as it could be 11.0 or 11.5, nevertheless, the KBAs that come up using the above search should point you in the right direction:

E.g.;

1657948 - How to create an installer for Crystal Reports ActiveX and Print Control

1805359 - How to avoid the ActiveX print control installs prompt, when a report it printed for Cryst...

1599725 - How to install the Crystal ActiveX Report Print Control 12.x

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

These  to be related to building a Visual Studio installer package.  My hope was to simply find a way to distribute and register the contents of PrintContol.cab.  Thanks,

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, this KBA:

1599725 - How to install the Crystal ActiveX Report Print Control 12.x

should provide a relatively close approximation / guide (e.g.; it's for CR 12 as opposed to CR XI R2 (v. 11.5)). Only diff would be that the path to the cab file would be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\3.5\crystalreportviewers115\ActiveXControls

??

- Ludek

Answers (0)