cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing data when bursting a WEBI Report

0 Kudos

I am currently running xi4.1.  We have created a WEBI report for publication against a UNV Universe.  It is set to run once and e-mail the content.  The issue we are seeing is that the report is not consistently complete.  Periodically the report is missing data for the recipients.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

There are no errors in the scheduling.  Periodically the burst reports do not contain all the data.  (I.E. report 1 is complete on the first schedule, but an hour later it the schedule is rerun and report 1 is missing data.)

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"There are no errors in the scheduling.  Periodically the burst reports do not contain all the data" A possible explanation for the missing data in the publication is due to the backend ETL job is not completed yet and thus no data to fetch or table/view not found error to the Publication source document when Publication is run without waiting for the backend ETL job to load data completely. If this is the cause, you can reschedule the Publication to wait for a file event that is provided upon the completion of the backend ETL job. Hope this helps, Jin-Chong

0 Kudos

Thank you for your time.

The etl job has been completed each time prior to running the schedule.

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you submit a recurring job for the source document alone by itself with the same Publication scheduling properties, e.g. starting time, frequency, format, Enterprise location, etc., to see if the source document job output is empty or not when Publication report job output has no data?

Regards,

Jin-Chong

0 Kudos

I will give this a try.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you setup the profiles properly?

What was the error you are seeing, when it is not complete?

Can you try to run in Test mode and see the results?