cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden SSID- iOS Wifi Policy in Afaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have created a Wifi policy for the ios device with the hidden SSID option as checked. But when i observe on the device config payload, the hiddern SSid option is not enabled. Can you suggest where i am going wrong?

Attached are the Snapshots of policy and device.

Regards

Batish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Batish,

Have you tried configuring the same settings thru the Apple configurator?   Does the same behavior occur there?

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy

Got it pushed to the Ipad(IOS8.1) and could see the similar behavior. attached snapshots for it.

I was also trying to push the same policy on the iOS7 device(Iphone4s) but couldn't fetch the payloads of the WIFI policy.

Had question does iOS7 allow to see the details of the WIFI policy?

Regards

Batish

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Batish,

If it doesn't display as hidden when delivered via the configurator, then it an issue with the OS and not what Afaria itself is doing.

I will have to test on an iOS 7 iphone. 

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tracy..

Can you please check on both the iOS7 and iOS8 and check what could be the real issue. Either with iOS, Some device specific, or issue with Afaria.

Regards

Batish

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Batish,

If you are seeing a policy with hidden checked delivered through the configurator and it does not display correctly on the device, then it is the iOS.  Things are rarely device specific on Apple products.  They tend to be OS level

I believe you have an incident open with support already, so I will get the incident owner to help test.

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Batish. I have the SMP ticket you opened about this issue. I've updated the information there for your reference.

For everyone else, I have reproduced this exact issue on iOS 8 using SP4 HF12 and SP5 HF6. I tested with iOS 7 as well but that does in fact prohibit you from seeing the contents of the payload as you could on iOS 8. It was also suggested by another colleague of mine that the Auto Join option could conflict with the SSID = Hidden settings, but I did not see the test results to prove that.

I will have to wait until next week to finish testing. I will be attempting to reproduce this using the Apple Configurator as you did but I won't have access to the Mac in our office until then. As of now, based on both of our results this is an iOS issue. Hopefully we can say for certain after my next tests.

Cheers,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Batish, I've updated the ticket with my test results.

For everyone else, I was able to confirm that the WiFi payload comes down from the Apple Configurator with the same Hidden SSID behavior described here. In this case, Afaria is behaving exactly as the Apple Configurator does, so this is not an Afaria-specific issue/behavior.

Regards,

Greg

Answers (0)