cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destination problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a WDJ application which is failing because there's a problem with a destination to access ABAP RFC.

The WDJ app is using a JCO named ZWD_MODELDATA_DEST, this JCO uses SSO as authentication method. A test on this JCO results successfull "JCo destination 'ZWD_GV_MODELDATA_DEST' was sucessfully tested with user 'GMAYORGA'".

Through NWA -> Configuration -> Destinations, we defined an RFC destination named ZWD_MODELDATA_DEST (same as JCO) and this destination uses "Current User (Assertion Ticket)" as authentication method. Doing a ping to the destination we get the error message "Error during ping operation: Initialization of repository destination ZWD_MODELDATA_DEST failed: System received an expired SSO ticket on gala.empresasyv.com sysnr 00".

Looking for a solution I changed the destination's authentication method to "Technical User" with this both the ping to the destination and WDJ app worked successfully. So the problem is with the destination.

On the other two enviroments (QAS and PRD) the configuration is the same and the app doesn't fail. All the portal landscape is on NW 7.4 SP06 and has patched the same components on the same version.

Best regards,

Gregory.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory, For fixing the issue, maintain the JCO destination in the location below: Go to http://:/nwa - Configuration - Destination and create new and give the ZWD_MODELDATA_DEST and WD_METADATA_DEST. Once done it will fix the issue. Hope this helps. Cheers- Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

The destination ZWD_MODELDATA_DEST (named same as JCO) was already created and is the one with which the ping fails.

Also both the JCO and Destination named ZWD_RFC_METADATA_DEST were already created with "Technical User" as authentication method and both test/ping fine.

Regards,

Gregory.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

For the ZWD_MODELDATA_DEST  what is the Authentication you are using?

Select Current User (Assertion Ticket) and test it.

If error still persists, please take a screenshot and add to the message.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

On my first post I said "Through NWA -> Configuration -> Destinations, we defined an RFC destination namedZWD_MODELDATA_DEST (same as JCO) and this destination uses "Current User (Assertion Ticket)" as authentication method." so yes, the authentication method I used to configure the destination is Current User with assertion ticket.

The following image shows the error occurred when I do a ping to the destination:

Best regards,

Gregory.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory, Looking at it, I would suggest to exchange the certificates between Portal and Backend system in discussion. Hope this helps. Cheers- Pramod