Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas in NWBC - External urls not accessible

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have embedded SAP Screen Personas 2.0 SP02 flavours within NWBC 4.0 desktop client (via PFCG roles & shortlinks).

There is a link in the flavours which points to an intranet site. When we use Personas in the browser (IE) we can open the page provided in the link, however when we click on the link within the Personas flavour in NWBC desktop client, a new tab is opened but it stays blank (i.e. the intranet page is not rendered, neither is there any HTTP error message such as 404 or 500 displayed on screen)

And, using NWBC desktop client, the intranet link opens if we simply type the url in a new tab and press enter (i.e. not within the Personas flavours).

Is there a specific setting within NWBC which allows urls to be accessed? Or any ideas as to why this may be happening.

Regards,

Abhijeet

P.S. There are some users who can access the link via Personas in NWBC while others cannot. For the ones who cannot, they can access the page via Personas in IE.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abnhijeet,

Please check what it says in the quick launch bar by applying the following setting.

You get the extra options in NWBC menu by holding down CTRL while you hover over the help in the menu.

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Thank you for your response, I do not see that link in my version (v 4 PL 3).

Regards,

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then i would recommend you to upgrade your NWBC to the latest either NWBC 4 pl 14 or NWBC 5 pl 3.

christopher_griffin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob/others

I'm working with Abhijeet on this.

I found the setting (I have PL10 installed), and enabled the URL in quicklaunch

The URL is displayed correctly in the quicklaunch bar of a new tab when the hyperlink button is clicked.  However the content pane remains blank.  I have to press Enter to launch the page.  Even then, it opens in another new tab, so by now two new tabs have been opened.

Any thoughts on why the webpage load is not being triggered?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

You might also want to check the whitelist and IE security zone settings

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/c5/18826ad1e944dfb39aa1d0fe3a188a/content.htm

These may be impacting what NWBC is showing.

Can you try to add that URL to an NWBC menu and see if it lets you launch it like that?

You should also turn on the verbose trace in NWBC and check the trace files. You may then also consider using a tool like Fiddler2 to see the network traffic and the debugger in MS Visual Studio to debug what is going on...

Hth,

Simon