cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Area not filled in some line item postings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear SAP Gurus,

I am currently implementing a new company and, like the others from the group (wich are on different SAP systems), the customer wants to have all line items filled with the Business Area.

However, that is not happening, for example, for manual bank statements or tax line items (automatically generated, of course).

We have "Business Area Finantial Statements" option activated in OB65 / OBY6 and, besides that, we have a substitution (like in the other customers, which is the only thing I think it's populating the field) that, when BSEG-BUKRS = "XXXX", BSEG-GSBER = "0004".

We are currently on EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0. SAP_APPL and SAP_FIN are both on 617 SP3 release. I have already searched for notes, but didn't find anything similar.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

AB.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Tax line items will not have BA in entry view of the document but if you have activated document splitting, then it will show it in GL View. If you want BA in tax line items, you have to define business place for each BA. Define substitution for default business area based on Business place. However at the time of invoice posting you have to input BA for the vendor. Based on this system will default it for tax line items.

If you maintained BA with the combination of plant or plant/division in OMJ7. Then at the time of billing document will get BA. While at the time of customer receipt posting you have to provide BA for incoming bank GL. Based on it the bank GL will get BA. If you directly doing receipt posting through bank reconciliation then bank incoming GL will inherit the BA from customer line item.

Hope it clears now.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Thank you so much for your reply.

However, in the older system, I do not have document splitting activated and yet the tax line item is getting populated with BA value.

Regarding the bank statement we don't post directly to customer/vendor account, but to a clearing account. We do that through FF67 (manual bank statement) and, once again, the BA is filled with the constant defined on GGB1.

Best regards,

AB.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

If you issue is resolved then close it.

Regards,

Mukthar