cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in GR Reversal - After Changing the existing material type to Non-valuated

former_member235471
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got a requirement to change one of the existing material type to non-valuated in plant-A and told to settle the cost on G/L account 510XXX (OBYC - GBB/VBR) instead of inventory account. So I removed all the stock from plant-A and changed the config in OMS2 with Qty update="Checked" & Value update="Unchecked".

After this change in Sandbox, I created a PO with account assignment category "L" and the G/L 510XXX. The GR is done successfully against the new G/L. The problem is when i reverse the GR in movement 102 (or) 122. I got the error "Update control of movement type is incorrect (entry 102 _ X _ B) - Message no. M7226". Could you please provide your recommendation to fix the issue.

Best Regards,

Baskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error message shows a B at the end, if I am not mistaken then this refers to special stock B which is customer stock.

Are you really reversing the receipt to a subcontract order?

former_member235471
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I've not created a subcontracting PO. This is a standard PO with Acc assgn cat = L (Profit Center) & Item Category = "Blank".

Regards,

Baskar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately account assignment category L is not known by me, it is not available in my system:

If you look at below screenshot, I highlighted it with yellow, this is the part that should match with the content of the message

Update control of movement type is incorrect (entry 102 _ X _ B)

As you see there is no such combination, the B is followed by a blank and a A or

followed by a blank and a V.

In your case it is followed by 2 blanks, which is usually only the case for valuated stock.

former_member235471
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Jurgen.

I did all the config changes in the Sanbox system. Then I created a Standard PO in plant-A with Account assignment category = "K Cost center" and posted the GR & IR.

When I try to reverse the GR, I got the error "Deficit of PU IR quantity 1.000 EA Message no. M7021". I could see the stock available in MMBE & MC.9 as well. The config setting i did is non-valuated, but relevant for stock Qty. But system throws an error of deficit Qty. Can you please advice.

Regards,

Baskar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The message does not talk about stock, it talks about invoice receipt quantity. Please use the SCN search, as this message is discussed 99 times already. I would need to reject this question according to the forum rules.

former_member235471
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

This scenario works fine now for Account assignment category "L" & "K", if the PO is created after the configuration change. But if I try to reverse a GR which was posted before the configuration change, it fails with message M7226.

Is it fine to reverse the old GR in 102 / 122 mvt (or) need to handle it in a different Goods movement?

Best Regards,

Baskar

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have already said initially that you have removed the all stock from this plant before doing the config in OMS2 ?

So now how can you able to reverse the GR for old PO which has posted before the config.

former_member235471
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patra,

I forgot to mention that I bring in the stock back after i did the configuration change. So there should not be any issues related to stock availability.

Thanks,

Baskar.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it suppose to a good idea to cancel the GR which was posted before the configuration ?

The accounting entry of these GRs had posted into your stock account.

But now (as per the changes configuration) system can't post any amount to stock account.

Do you think it is okay with business process ?