cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Retrieve message on running a Webi report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,  their is a slight situation.

We have a Webi report running since a few months now.   Recently, their was some issue with the report and I have been trying to fix it.  Well the issue needs a minor fix - but I'm unable to try it because of these reasons :

1.  When I try to run the report from LaunchPad, I get a message ' No data to Retrieve from Queries ' (We have about 8-9 queries from 2 Universe populating the report (UDT - BI4.1).  The user of the report is able to run the report and gets data where as I  have full access  to Universe and reports - I get an error message 'No data to retrieve from Queries.

2.  On checking the SQL Script of a query in Webi their is a where clause 1=0.  On selecting custom SQL and removing this where clause or changing it to 1=1, the report is populated. ( I've tried to run the query at DB level too.   Data is returned on removing or changing the where clause 1=0. )

3.  I've done some digging in the universe but their isn't any predefined condition on a class / object or the universe which gives the where clause 1=0.

4.  We have about 7-8 other reports with the same where clause 1=0 and they are running just fine.

Firstly, how can I run the report ?  How does one get this where clause 1=0 even after not setting up a predefined condition at universe level.

We have BI 4.1 and Universe is designed in UDT.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Rishab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishab,

Have a test copy of the report.Remove one by one object from all the queries and check generated SQL which is causing issue.

Logical condition (1=0 0r 1=1 ) may different for each report .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,  thank you for taking out a few minutes and sharing your thought.

I've tried the to remove one object at a time from one query at a time but get the same error. Any other workaround you can suggest ?  

I may be sounding insane, but is it something to do with Row Level Security at Semantic Layer or Webi ?

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I believe there may be issue with @prompt / where clause of the objects .

It is nothing to do with row level security.