Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Providing link for Learning materials in ESS Learning Portal in Ehp7, NW 7.4

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Portal Experts,

We have a plenty of course materials in various formats (.ppt/.pdf/.doc,etc).  We have already created Course catalog with required Course group(L),Course type(D),Course(E).

Now, in ESS Learning portal, when Learner navigates to a particular Course group, he should be able to access/download all these course materials (pdf/ppt/mp3/video tutorials/link,etc) .

In this case where to store all these learning materials?

How to configure this links of course materials in Portal? We don't have repositories like DMS.

Regards,

Niladri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MariaJo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We would need displaying Knowledge Link (IT 1062)  in "Additional LInks" Section. Do you know if it's possible? It's not displayed unless Web Link infotype is also informed, but that's not the case. Could we do any customizing for that?

Thanks a lot and Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Please create a separate thread for your query...

To give you a quick answer, you can get your Technical resource to add custom code on the WDA application... I do not think there is simple configuration for this...

HS

MariaJo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'll do that.

Best Regards,

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you have to define strategy for storing documents, if possible a central repository. KMS etc,

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have CMS, KM both. Is there any link /docs how to link the content to portal link?

Regards,

Niladri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Store all the files in the CMS as Siddharth suggests...

When you create a course, you can create a link in the description area for the relevant material that goes along with the course.

Alternatively, if you want to use the Web Links, then here is the screen:

You can create multiple links in IT1061 to the document you want: (here I am using websites)

Goodluck

HS