cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Message 'Not able to create View Based Generic data source as Base Table field referring other Tables field (Currency/Quantity)

0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I am trying to create a Data source on a View (single database table - RESB) but some of the fields of the table RESB are reference to other tables field likewise RESB field ROANZ is referring to RC29P table's field ROAME.

I have created View with only one table i.e. RESB. But as these some of the fields (Referring fields) are not available in Base table RESB, I am not able to create generic data source over this view. I am getting error as below:

If anyone has got such issue please guide further and provide solution for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Demish Maniyar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if any field(which is your going to use in your data source) is referenced to another table then you need included referenced table as well in view other wise you will get above issues.

In your view use tables RESB and RC29P.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I do not find any join condition for both the tables. so what would be the joining condition for both the tables in the View?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lets try to create table based generic and check it.

if that's also not possible then without referenced field you can create table based data source and later try to enhance it.

Or

There are standard data sources which pulls data from RESB please check them.

Data sources:

2LIS_04_P_COMP

2LIS_04_P_MATNR

0PS_COMPONT_ATTR

0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I created an append structure in Extract structure and added those required fields in View. This resolved the error and data source is consistent now.

Thanks for the help..!!!

Regards,

Demish

Answers (0)