cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert Visiprise 4.2 DB dump data into SAP ME 5.2 dump data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently i am working in two versions of SAP ME : (1.) Visiprise 4.2  and (2.) SAP ME 5.2 . I have many Oracle DB '.dmp' files for the Visiprise 4.2 version. I want all of them to be converted to the SAP ME 5.2 version. I analyzed the DB schema for both and found lots of changes like index , data type , size , even some columns and tables are added in SAP ME 5.2 . My Visiprise 4.2 instance uses Oracle 9i and SAP ME uses Oracle 11g but that is not a big problem to convert and load . Can anyone help how i can change the Visiprise 4.2 DB dump data compatible with SAP ME 5.2 data since there is lots of change in schema?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to run all DB upgrade and data migration scripts available in 5.2 release to make your 4.2 DB compatible with ME 5.2. These scripts should contain all the DB structure and data changes. The scripts should be available in Clients installation. For detailed process check ME 5.2 Upgrade guide that should be available on SMP.

Regards,
Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Be aware the 5.2 master upgrade guide only covers upgrading from version 4.3. For the 4.2 to 4.3 upgrade, you may need to install version 5.1 to get access to this scripts needed for this upgrade path -  once the client folder is installed, 5.1 contains scripts to upgrade from all versions from 3.2 to version 5.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I found the scripts in the client installation directory.