cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer requirement printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are doing goods receipt using MIGO. Our storage locations are customized in WM, so transfer requirements are generated by MIGO.

I would like to print automatically a label for each of these transfer requirements.

Do you have any idea about how to proceed ?

Is there any existing standard condition records or SAPScript I can use ?

Thank you for your help !

Pippa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_anasane
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pippa,

you need to maintain condition through transaction MN21 for the output type, in standard there are below outputs intended to use for MIGO printouts,

WE01    GR Note Vers.1

WE02    GR Note Vers.2

WE03    GR Note Vers.3

also sapscriptform is WESCHEINVERS3 & program:- SAPM07DR,

regards,

Amit Anasane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you for for your answer.

When I do one goods receipt, several transfer requirements will be generated, and sometimes these transfer requirements will have different quantities

Example : MIGO for an item with a quantity of 12 materials , 5 materials per box => I'll have 2 transfer requirements with 5 materials, and a transfer requirement with 2 materials.

Do you think the output types you advised me will allow that (printing several labels, with different quantities on each of them) ? Aren't these output types linked to the material document instead of the transfer requirement ?

Thanks to confirm me that it is possible.

xoxo.

Pippa

0 Kudos

Hi Pippa

There is no T code for printing the TRs, if you want list to print in ALV format

then use  T code LB10 or LB13

Regards,

Pramod

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

My customer confirmed me that a label is required for each transfer requirement, and that he doesn't want the transfer orders to be automatically created from the transfer requirements.

So I guess I will have to follow Amit's advice : create a smartform based on the material document, and this smartform will have as many pages as transfer requirements.

It won't be easy for me, but it seems to be the only solution...

Thanks for your help.

xoxo

Pippa

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to share, what are the content your client is expecting on the pallet label

if you are planning to take a printout of label using the TR information then you won't be having the Pallet number(Storage Unit number) and source or destination storage type also the pallet qty(LE qty) from the WM2 view (can be achieved via custom code but if you have more then one value defined in the WM2 view then you need to apply some logic which value system should pick)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

My client expects the following content :

- Plant

- Delivery note

- Transfer requirement number

- Transfer requirement creation date

- Material number

- Material quantity for the TR

- WBS element

- Warehouse number

- Storage type

- and other data which I will deduce from the material : material description, material weight

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Other then storage type i can see that all other information can be extracted fro teh LTBK & LTBP but please consider the below mentioned point before taking final decision

Storage type(Destination) related information can be obtained only when you are creating the transfer order and this is not available in TR also

Based on your earlier reply if i can visualize the process step then,

1) Perform the MIGO,System creates the TR and Label gets generated

2) Worker will physically paste the label on the pallet

3) Worker scan the TR barcode from the label, System internally create TO and bring the user to putaway screen

4) Worker perform the PUTAWAY process

How the worker will come to know which label belong to which pallet at step 2  ?

custom development requirement related to RF screen at step 4 ?

you will generate the label and then paste this label on the individual pallet (what if, if the TR qty is less or greater then the Pallet quantity or are you performing pallet by pallet MIGO so that system creates TR of exactly the same quantity ?

How the worker will come to know what is the TO number for TR number which he scanned recently. What if during processing he lost the connectivity in all the above scenario there is a additional workstep for him to contact the person who will check the detail in GUI and confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pippa,

As Manish rightly points out working from the TR just adds some complexity and open issues for the process execution.

Maybe, you can briefly give us more background information for the reasons of a) printing the labels from the TR and b) not wanting the auto TO creation. Is this related to the current warehouse procedures ... ?

Alexandre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thank you for this very complete answer   You don't forget anything, I wish I could be such a good consultant like you !

Good news that nearly all expected values are available in LTBK and LTBP. It means I just have to check that the TR numbers are available in the program which creates the label.

Now, here are my answers to your questions :

- Nothing is foreseen for step 2. The worker is responsible for what he does, he has to put the good label on the good pallet

- Indeed a specific development has just been made by one of my colleagues. It's a SAPConsole program, which expects that the user scans the barcode of the transfer requirement on the label I have to develop. From the TR, a TO will be created and then confirmed.

- MIGO will be performed once per goods receipt. We are working in the car industry, in a repetitive manufacturing and suppliers have to deliver goods as we request (they can't choose the packaging and how many materials they put on a pallet)

- Once the TO has been created from the TR, TR becomes useless, so we aren't interested by the link between TR and TO anymore.

- You're right, a loss of connectivity may be a problem, and in that case, users will have to use a PC.

Thank you very much for your help

xoxo

Pippa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your answer !

This process has been defined like that, because of the way the warehouse runs.

Indeed, the users are the ones who finally decide where the materials will be delivered.

So we just want to identify the materials with a transfer requirement as soon as they are delivered to our plant. Then, when the user scans the barcode of the label I have to develop, he will decide if he wants to store these materials (usual case) or if he wants to send the materials directly to a supply area (if the materials are needed urgently)

When he will have chosen the destination, the TO will be created from the TR and then will be automatically confirmed.

Thank you for your help.

xoxo

Pippa

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if i understood correctly then you want to print pallet label to paste on the pallet which you have received.if my understanding is correct and if the storage type is SU manged then system will generate the pallet label (based on the configuration LE---WM----Storage unit ---Activities---Define print control) which will have material, quantity , Batch and other parameter. This is possible only when you will create the Transfer order from Transfer Requirement

You can design your custom label as per your business needs and map that into node mentioned earlier

Also you can print the label using T-code : LT31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your answer, you understood exactly what I would like to do. Indeed, I would like to print a label for each transfer requirement (1 transfer requirement = 1 pallet) created in MIGO transaction.

I'm so sad that it is possible to print a transfer order, but impossible to print a transfer requirement. Indeed we had foreseen to print the transfer requirement and add barcodes on it, so that the user flashes the barcode to create the TO from the TR and to confirm the TO.

Thanks for your help.

Pippa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pippa,

To further on Manish information, you may setup automatic TO creation from the requirements and gets labels printed.

Refining the configuration of the requirement types, the movement types, set up automatique TO creation and so on..

Alexandre