cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long time busy tone playing in CDT

0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

Could you please help with issue regarding CDT prompts.

I found out that busy tone is played from WAV file located on end user's PC,  c:\Temp\RingBusy.wav .

It has duration 9 seconds, that is very long for CC Agents while forwarding calls(inconvenient to hear this tone), so I tried to find where i can change this setting.

After investigation, found that this WAV file loads(at CDT startup) from DLL resource file, located also on user's PC, C:\Program Files\SAP\ContactCenter\Terminal\COM_Phone_7.0.7.0.dll.

Changing busy tone in this DLL file by programs such as XNResourceEditor  corrupts CDT installation, and it exits with error at startup.

Workaround I use now - to change file in TEMP folder on PC's, but by Windows politics, this folder cleans periodically, so I need permanent solution.

Kindly request You to provide some solution, or direction to investigate further.

=========================================

Additional information:

Server:

SAP Contact Center version 7.0.7.0 with relevant hotfixes.

Windows Server 2008 R2

Workstations:

Windows 7

CDT version 7.0.7.1

=========================================

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Your findings are correct. The busy tone is indeed hard coded to terminal DLL and it cannot be changed. The way you changed it will mess up our DLL signing and therefore it wont work.

Workaround suggestion:
Create a basic script that will copy shorter busy file to %temp%. By my understanding CDT startup checks if file exist in %temp% (compares names) and if it does exist it wont be replaced. And now you can easily place the script to startup and file will be automaticly copied.

Of course my recommendation is to test this before placing it to prod.

Regards,
Jukka Suhonen
SAP Contact Center support

0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

Thank you very much for reply!

Will test your workaround proposed.

Best regards,

Alex

Answers (0)