cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Order Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have few Process Order of 2010 and I want to close them but system is giving an error message ( T code COFC)

" Posting period 010 2010 is not open"

Message no. F5201

I can not open the posting period in 2010 and process the Confirmation, I would like to process in the same period 010 2010 thru any program, Is their any solutions for this ? I read few note SAP suggested to change the Posting Date as Current date and do the confimration but I want to do in the same posting period , I am sure you can suggest some solution for this

Appriciate early response

Thanks

SL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vibin_v_joseph
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Does not Recommends the Back Dated Posting.

For further reference you can also check the below mentioned SAP Note which may also solve your issue.

# : 1811465

You use transaction KO88 or CO88 to settle orders to the material. Following the activation of the function from SAP Note 1135678, settlement is possible in all periods. However, only the current and prior period should be allowed.

#: 1135678

You want to post the settlement to the previous period, even though you used transaction MMRV to close the previous period. The system issues error message CK 122 "Invalid posting period (please check your entry)".

Please ensure that the Validity of the note is checked before using the same and kindly also check with your Basis team before going ahead with the note.

Regards,

Vibin.V.Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response

Your notes are informative but will close the process orders, we are getting error records in COFC  and we can not reprocess the COFC records unless we either the open the posting periods or cancel the records

Rds

SL

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean will not close process orders

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sastry

If these are old records, which cannot be processed anymore, there is a report to delete them.

You can find a report on note 530174.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

We can not delete them because we use the values of old process orders to generate the report where all consumption happned in past years and compare with the current year so I mean we use for analysis purpose

Thx

SL

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sastry,

Why the posting didn't happen for 5 years is a big question. However, if you do not want to delete the error entries and must post them, then post it in opening period.

you will have to change the posting date to current month (open period) and post the transactions. then only you can proceed with closing activities.

Thanks

Prem

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Opening the past posting periods is not recommended by SAP, which is why that note is asking your posting current period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I don't want to change in current period , anyother solution for this

Thx

SL