cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determination of Item Category for Delivery when created w/o reference to Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have gone through SDN and I found 2 different answers to my below question. Can you please clarify?

As per my understanding, should we wish to create delivery w/o reference to Sales Order, then we need to perform below settings for delivery type :-

1. Order Required Field = No Preceding Document is required.

2. Default Order Field = Enter any Pseudo sales order type.

As per below link, in this scenario, item category and movement type is selected as follows :-

From Pseudo Sales Order Type -> Item Category -> Schedule Line Category -> Movement Type

But as per the below link, item category is determined as follows :-

From a combination of Delivery Type + Item Cat. Grp. + Usage + Item Cat. of Higher level Item

Which one is correct?

Thanks,

Debi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Debidutta,

Before going ahead I believe we should understand what is the use of Default Order type in Delivery document OVLK. As we do the PGI in delivery document we need movement type and it comes from schedule line category. Schedule line category is determine using Item category,to determine Itmcategory in sales order, Sales Document Type is one of the factor. that why we enter Default order type in delivery type. If system find reference order type then system ignore this Default order type.

There is no need to maintain Delivery Item category determination if delivery is creating with reference to order type additionally relevant requirement type must be filled in VTLA while creating the delivery system copy the delivery item category from sales order.

Basically Delivery Item category is used when we are creating Delivery with reference to Purchase order, with out order , using material determination in delivery....etc. that time only system consider delivery item category determination.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Scenario - 1:- Delivery without reference to Sales Order

Before going ahead I believe we should understand what is the use of Default Order type in Delivery document OVLK. As we do the PGI in delivery document we need movement type and it comes from schedule line category. Schedule line category is determine using Item category,to determine Itmcategory in sales order, Sales Document Type is one of the factor. that why we enter Default order type in delivery type. If system find reference order type then system ignore this Default order type.

Here, Default Order type plays a very important role. As mentioned in my previous post, I understand this process.

Scenario - 2:- Delivery with reference to Sales Order

There is no need to maintain Delivery Item category determination if delivery is creating with reference to order type additionally relevant requirement type must be filled in VTLA while creating the delivery system copy the delivery item category from sales order.

This is very straight forward and I understand this too.

Scenario - 3:- Use of Delivery Type in Item Category Determination

Basically Delivery Item category is used when we are creating Delivery with reference to Purchase order, with out order , using material determination in delivery....etc. that time only system consider delivery item category determination.

Here you mentioned that, delivery type setting rule (0VLP) applies to delivery creation without order? Do you mean creation of delivery without ref. to Sales Order ? If yes, then system should follow Scenario - 1 rule not Scenario - 3 rule. I am confused. Please explain.

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Debidutta,

>> I tried to replicate two scenario in my system where I deleted entry from Delivery Item category determination even though I was able to create delivery.  Additionally I also checked there is no entry of Cash Sales in delivery Item category determination.

Basically Delivery Item category Determination is used when we are creating Delivery with reference to Purchase order, with out order , using material determination in delivery....etc. that time only system consider delivery item category determination.

Here you mentioned that, delivery type setting rule (0VLP) applies to delivery creation without order? Do you mean creation of delivery without ref. to Sales Order ? If yes, then system should follow Scenario - 1 rule not Scenario - 3 rule. I am confused. Please explain.

I can say Delivery Item category Determination is used when there is no Sales Subsequent document are exist in the system Or when delivery is creating without reference of Sales Subsequent Document.

In case of Delivery without Order, there is no sales order exist and we directly creates Delivery

In case of Inter company STO, there is no Sales order exist, and delivery type is determine from Purchase Order Type + Supplying Plant = Delivery Type further system determine Delivery Item category through Delivery Item category Determination.

Scenario-3 is nothing but extension of my first column.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot...I am closing the thread.

Answers (0)