cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to Execute back end Transaction through nwbc menu in GRC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a created a role to access back end GRC system from NWBC menu.

I was able to see and navigate to the initial screen of Back end transactions. But however whenever I tried to navigate further on

those Tcodes (eg : selecting the role from PFCG) , I'm unable to proceed  further and receiving error page error.

GRC version : 10.1

Please advise if there is any setting to overcome this issue.

Thanks in advance.

The description of error in the browser page

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; chromeframe/26.0.1410.43; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C)

Timestamp: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 16:40:23 UTC

Line: 38

Char: 2663

Code: 0

URI: http://grcdapp0.xxxxxxx:8000/sap/public/icmandir/its/ls/js/lightspeed.js?17

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to see if you are struggling this with NWBC version 3.5, if so, please try with version 3.0 or there's a correction for 3.5 (probably beta version).

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Manik

NWBC 5.0 was released recently. I would not recommend going back a verion

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colleen, you are right.
But, there has been some history with NWBC 3.5 returning some unwanted results when talking to GRC (though this can be NW version specific as well, ADDITIONALLY).
Refer to the KBA 1973484 (GRC) and also some fixes related SAP note 1353538 (NWBC framework).
The customer can atleast try to trap the root cause with NWBC 3.0 or with 3.5 (latest patch), and then see the results. NEXT can be dealt accordingly.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev

Just to confirm - have built a PFCG role that launches transaction PFCG within GRC component? If so, this is not really a question for the GRC space but more for security or NWBC spaces.

How did you configure the role menu parameters for the link?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for your reply.

I have created a composite role by combining default 1)SAP_GRAC_ALL role 2)IMG config role to access SPRO components of access controls 3) Added onlySecurity Transactions by customizing NWBC SAP role..

Alternatively , I even tried to customize the NWBC menu to include the MSMP nodes , BRF plus application and backend system access.

MSMP and BRF plus execute without any issues, however while accessing back end transaction like PFCG, I was unable to navigate further for any transaction. It shows me only the initial screen and not accepting any input. I could notice the same error in bottom of the screen.

Please advise if I am missing any setting in SPRO for NWBC.

Thanks,

Sanjeev.S

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev

Again, this is really to do with security role build for NWBC access and not GRC. You will not fix your PFCG issue via an IMG step. If this was a GRC webdynpro screen then it would be a different situation.

What is your configuration of the PFCG transaction in your customer role? Please go to the role menu and look at other node details.

The other piece - once you click on the PFCG link: are you able to use PFCG within NWBC or do you get the error straight away?

Are you able to check SLG1 logs to see if any further information appears (try to see if it's an issue with NWBC or your role build)

Regards

Colleen