cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE (Internet Explorer) 11 compatibility with BOBJ 4.1 SP4 Launchpad in SAP Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Currently we are running BOBJ 4.1 SP2 version and we have no issues with Launchpad in SAP portal in Internet Explorer 9.

But we are upgrading our end user machines to IE11 and we are running into issues of Launch Pad not being able to display “Documents” tab of Launch pad in the SAP Portal. Please see attached Image.

As per SAP guidelines in this document, we upgraded to BOBJ 4.1 SP4 version because they say it is compatible with IE 11.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/507d3365-009b-3010-04b0-e5abc8f00...

After upgrade, we are still running into the same issue with Launchpad in SAP portal in IE 11, The “Documents” tab is not showing up  as show in the attached image. This works fine in IE9.

Any Ideas/Thoughts please. Is IE 11 compatible with BOBJ 4.1 SP4 when Launchpad is embedded in the SAP Portal.

Thank you

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200478
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also facing a similar problem.

In our case, the Application drop down,Help menu,Preferences link is not visible when we relocate from SAP enterprise portal version 7.3 SP11

Version : BO 4.1 SP04 Fp06

IE:11

Appreciate your immediate help !

Regards,

Tanb

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you launch BI link directly and try to duplicate the issue? Not from the SAP Portal.

http://<Servername>/BOE/BI

former_member200478
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

Thanks for your response.

The issue is not coming when we launch BI link directly but only when we redirect through portal.

I have no idea about this weird behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Am not sure if you guys have found a solution to this issue or not but try these and see if it solve your issues:

1.  Try to re-configure your Ajax Framework by following this thread

http://scn.sap.com/people/andrea.alkalay/blog

2.  Apply this SAP Note: 1737445

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Timi Jones

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you run IE in compatible mode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jawahar,

I did try IE in compatible mode and no change, Still does not show the "Documents" tab 🙂

Thank you for the response.

Suman

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman

Just follow the settings in IE11

1. To open the IE Developer Tools press F12
  2. On left side change to the options "Emulation"
  3. Change the "Documents modus" to 5
  4. Change the "Browser Agent" to "Internet Explorer 7"

Refer the snapshot

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for the input. I changed the settings but did not make any difference inn the display.

Please see attached image.

Thank you

Suman

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. In IE11 Clear the history and cookies

2. Set the settings as I mention before. and then try

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried it Sriram. Clearing History and Cookies did not help. Thank you.

jdun
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have a ticket open with SAP and they are saying to open the launchpad in a separate browser window. This does work but is not ideal.

Thanks,

Josh