cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCA: Set Control Parameters for Actual Data (1KEF) after GO LIVE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Our client went live with a new Controlling Area 8 month ago.

Control Parameters for Actual Data (1KEF) for PCA in the Contr. Area has not been maintained (no entry).

The client uses New GL and that it why it wasn't necessary to complete PCA settings.

Currently, the company wants to maintain Statistical Key Figures for Profit Centers in 9KEF

(that is the process that the company is currently using in other Controlling Area)

9KEF requires to set Control Parameters for Actual Data.

My question is whether there is any RISK  /HARM / EFFECT etc. to set Control Parameters for Actual Data in PCA

after there are a lot of data that is not in GLPCA in Production system.

Please share your experience / expertise.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My concern is whether there are system errors can happen when control parameters for actual data is set after go live.

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zara

So far my knowledge is concerned..that should not be happened..however if you have doubt always better to take an advice from SAP raising OSS

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zara

First of all you should take care the following aspects:

1. Always set control parameters for actual data at the beginning of fiscal year other wise you hvae to face lot of issues for old postings and managing of old data is very very difficult

2. You should check that all relevant settings for PC in CO area is complete

Otherwise..I don't find any major harm in it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please give me a couple of examples of the issues with old postings can be faced if the control parameters are set in the middle of the year?

P.S. the company doesn't use PCA reports etc.

Thank you

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zara

Main issue is when you set actual posting parameters and set automatic update of line items it will hit data update at every transaction but now position is not like that...so always better to start at beginning of the fiscal year.

If presently you are not using any PC accounting for reports but If PC accounting is active ..may be various data are updated in various PC tables...

Now you decide when you start ....